Transfer Information

Earn credit for your credits when you transfer to Minot State.

  1.  Complete the application for admission. ( )
  2. Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee.
  3. Submit official academic records from your previous institutions.
    1. In-progress transcript, if currently attending another college/university.
    2. Final, official transcripts from all other post-secondary schools previously attended.

Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school(s) in a sealed envelope to the Enrollment Services Office. We will accept electronic transcripts through third party transcript services such as National Clearinghouse, E-transcripts, JST, and Parchment. We cannot accept a faxed or emailed transcript as official.

If you have completed less than 24 credits, you will need to submit your official college transcript(s), your high school academic records AND if you will be less than 25 years of age on the first day of class, you will need to submit official ACT/SAT test results.

International students who have previously attended a college or university, AND have completed at least 24 semester hours are considered TRANSFER STUDENTS. If you are transferring fewer than 24 semester hours of college or university credit, you will need to supply academic records from your secondary institutions.

  • Transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
    Students transferring from a university outside of the United States must submit an official transcript from the institution reflecting all courses attempted and grades received; in addition to a professional course-by-course, or detailed evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) and American Education Research Corporation (AERC). Information about the evaluation services can be found at:, and
  • Official Entrance Exam Scores  
  • Transfer Clearance form [pdf]
    If you are transferring to Minot State from a college or university in the United States you must submit a transfer form signed by you and the international coordinator at your current school. Please fax the form to the Minot State Office of International Programs (701-858-3888).
  • Send Application Materials to:
    Enrollment Services
    Minot State University
    500 University Ave West
    Minot ND 58707 USA
    Fax: 701-858-3888

Minot State accepts and transcribes all credits from regionally accredited institutions. All credit hours from institutions will be transcribed as semester hours on the Minot State transcript.

Courses are accepted in transfer in a combination of ways.

  • Equal to a specific course at Minot State
  • Given general education credit
  • Given diversity credit (for students who transferred prior to fall 2014)
  • Fulfills a requirement towards major, minor or concentration
  • As elective credit

Students considering transferring to Minot State University may request an unofficial transfer review of students' general education Required Core and Foundation Content coursework. For a program or major transfer evaluation, please indicate the program/major on the form and the Registrar's Office will submit the request to the correct department for review. Please allow 3-5 business days to process. To make a request, please call the Registrar's Office at 800-777-0750, 701-858-3345 or email the form to

Students may also check to see if their courses have existing equivalencies established through the Transfer Evaluation System. The information contained in the evaluation system is provided as a guide. There is no guarantee that a particular course will be accepted for transfer credit. An official evaluation will be done when your transcript(s) are posted. 

Important Notice Regarding Transcripts Between North Dakota Public Colleges and Universities (NDUS)
If you are requesting your Minot State University transcript to be sent to any of the following institutions for admission as a student:

  • Bismarck State College
  • Dakota College at Bottineau
  • Dickinson State University
  • Lake Region State College
  • Mayville State University
  • North Dakota State College of Science
  • North Dakota State University
  • University of North Dakota
  • Valley City State University
  • Williston State College

It is not necessary to request transcripts. Instead, Minot State will be able to retrieve your academic transcript from your previous NDUS institution at no charge to you. You will, however, be notified if you have any holds on your academic transcripts for outstanding debt owed to a NDUS college or university. No refunds will be granted for individuals who inadvertently request transcripts to be exchanged between NDUS colleges and universities.

1. Complete and Submit the Minot State Undergrad Online Application to the Post-Baccalaureate Program with $35 (US) application fee. Applications can be submitted prior to submitting all supporting documents.
  • Type of Application: Undergraduate Transfer
  • Major/Program: Communication Disorders
  • Answer ‘Yes’ to Supplemental Question: Are you applying to the Post-Baccalaureate Communication Disorders Program?

2. All support documentation must be submitted for consideration.

  • All non-academic documents can be:
    • Emailed to;
    • Faxed to 701/858-3888; or
    • Mailed to: Minot State University, Enrollment Services, 500 University Ave W, Minot, ND 58707.
  • Original Official Transcripts
    • Submit official transcripts from all universities attended and currently attending.
      • In-progress and final transcripts must be submitted*.
      • Candidates must have a 3.0 GPA at the undergraduate level to apply.

*Your transcripts may need to be evaluated by World Education Services (WES), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE), or American Education Research Corporation (AERC).

  • Three Recommendations
    • The online application will direct you to electronically submit three names of persons who will complete your online recommendation forms.
      • Choose persons who can attest to your ability to complete the intensive one-year Post-Baccalaureate Program and potential success at the graduate level.
    • Autobiography
      • Submit an autobiography (1-2 pages) to describe your current status and reasons why you want to pursue a career in Speech-Language Pathology.
    • Provide proof of two doses of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella AFTER acceptance.
    • International and Canadian Applicants only:
      • International and Canadian Applicants need to submit the I-20 form and supporting financial documents for an undergraduate degree as part of their application package.
3. Complete Application Packages Review Process
  • All Complete Application Packages will be set to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders for review.
    • Successful candidates will be notified via email for a spot in the program.
      • Students will have 45-days to claim their spot by replying to the email.
    • Waitlisted candidates will be notified via email.
      • Notifications of any openings in the program will be sent via email.
      • Students will have 45-days to claim their spot by replying to the email.
    • Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email.

Questions? Contact Minot State University Enrollment Services at 701.858.3350