Transfer Checklists and other information

  1.  Complete the application for admission. ( )
  2. Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee.
  3. Submit official academic records from your previous institutions.
    1. In-progress transcript, if currently attending another college/university.
    2. Final, official transcripts from all other post-secondary schools previously attended.

Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school(s) in a sealed envelope to the Enrollment Services Office. We will accept electronic transcripts through third party transcript services such as National Clearinghouse, E-transcripts, JST, and Parchment. We cannot accept a faxed or emailed transcript as official.

Important Notice Regarding Transcripts Between North Dakota Public Colleges and Universities (NDUS)
If you are requesting your Minot State University transcript to be sent to any of the following institutions for admission as a student:

  • Bismarck State College
  • Dakota College at Bottineau
  • Dickinson State University
  • Lake Region State College
  • Mayville State University
  • North Dakota State College of Science
  • North Dakota State University
  • University of North Dakota
  • Valley City State University
  • Williston State College

It is not necessary to request transcripts. Instead, Minot State will be able to retrieve your academic transcript from your previous NDUS institution at no charge to you. You will, however, be notified if you have any holds on your academic transcripts for outstanding debt owed to a NDUS college or university. No refunds will be granted for individuals who inadvertently request transcripts to be exchanged between NDUS colleges and universities.

If you have completed less than 24 credits, you will need to submit your official college transcript(s), your high school academic records AND if you will be less than 25 years of age on the first day of class, you will need to submit official ACT/SAT test results.

Minot State accepts and transcribes all credits from regionally accredited institutions. All credit hours from institutions will be transcribed as semester hours on the Minot State transcript.

Courses are accepted in transfer in a combination of ways.

  • Equal to a specific course at Minot State
  • Given general education credit
  • Given diversity credit (for students who transferred prior to fall 2014)
  • Fulfills a requirement towards major, minor or concentration
  • As elective credit

Students considering transferring to Minot State University may request an unofficial transfer review of students' general education Required Core and Foundation Content coursework. For a program or major transfer evaluation, please indicate the program/major on the form and the Registrar's Office will submit the request to the correct department for review. Please allow 3-5 business days to process. To make a request, please call the Registrar's Office at 800-777-0750, 701-858-3345 or email the form to

Students may also check to see if their courses have existing equivalencies established through the Transfer Evaluation System. The information contained in the evaluation system is provided as a guide. There is no guarantee that a particular course will be accepted for transfer credit. An official evaluation will be done when your transcript(s) are posted.