After Acceptance


New Student

To find out more information on life in Minot, maintaining your F-1 status, and employment opportunities, we encourage you to check out the International Programs website.

Click on the links below for more helpful items to know as you beginning your transition to Minot State!

CAMPUS CONNECTION is what you will use to:
  • Enroll, drop or add courses
  • View your grades
  • View your class schedule
  • Order official/unofficial transcripts
  • Check and accept your financial aid award package(s)
  • Check your student financial account, apply for housing, and make payments


  1. Before you can use your new User ID, you must claim your account. Here are the steps to follow:
  2. Go to
  3. Click 'Claim Your Account'.
  4. Enter your date of birth and your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID), which was included in your acceptance letter.
  5. Follow the steps as indicated!

Be sure to record your username and password in a safe place for future reference!

If you attended another NDUS institution, you may have already claimed your Campus Connection Account. Use your same username and password to log in.

For questions about your Campus Connection account, please contact the North Dakota University System Help Desk by visiting or calling 866-457-6387.

To access your Minot State EMAIL Account

Your Minot State email is your official means of communication with the campus community. You should check it often!

  1. Go to
  2. Click on Current Students
  3. Under Student Life, click on email, then click on Sign in to Office 365 Webmail.
  4. Enter your Name (User ID) as your email address in the format created when you claimed your Campus Connection Account. Example: (must be entered in all lower case; sometimes a middle initial is included in the User ID)
  5. Your Password for your Minot State email is the same as Campus Connection. If you forget your password, you will need to reset your Campus Connection password.

If you are currently attending another NDUS institution, you may already be using your account. You will begin receiving emails soon after being accepted. However, your ‘campus home’ email will become after you enroll in classes at Minot State.

If you need further assistance or have questions, please contact the Minot State Online Help Desk at 701-858-4444 or 800-777-0750 ext. 4444 or e-mail us your questions at

Attending a New Student Orientation will help you be better prepared for your first semester. At orientation, you will also be able to connect with an academic advisor, become familiar with your campus, learn about campus resources, and have opportunities to meet new and current Minot State students. At Minot State University, orientation programming is split into a New Student Orientation program, for first-year students and transfer students and their families, and a Welcome Week program for all new students. Admitted students will be emailed information as soon as it is available.

Welcome Weekend is the official kick-off to the Minot State academic year. Events during the weekend will serve as an opportunity for you to explore the vast array of resources available at Minot State, including academic, cultural, social, athletic and community service programs.

Developmental courses are required as prerequisites for higher level English and Math courses, do not count as credit toward graduation, and do not impact college GPA. Students in developmental courses must earn a "C" or higher in order to take the next level course. The developmental courses qualify for Financial Aid.

What Scores Require Developmental Courses?

  • An ACT English score of 17 or lower or SAT Writing and Language of 24 or lower.
    • *If age 25 or older at the start of the term or if transferring 24 or more credits you are exempt from the English developmental requirement
  • An ACT Math score of 20 or lower or SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing of 1060 or lower.

What should I do next?
If you feel your current ACT or SAT score(s) is not an accurate measure of your ability, you will want to consider taking the ACCUPlacer (Math/English Placement) exam. If you do not have an ACT/SAT score, you are required to take this exam. You will have the opportunity to take the Placement exam when you come to New Student Orientation; however, if you would like to take the exam in advance, you may schedule an appointment by contacting the Minot State Testing Center at 701-858-3990.

For more information, click here.

The North Dakota University System policy requires:

  1. All students to be vaccinated with two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella.
  2. All newly admitted students ages 21 and younger must provide documentation of a meningitis vaccination (MCV4, Menveo, or Menactra) given after the 16th birthday. Meningococcal B and Meningococcal C vaccine such as Trumenba and Bexsero do not fulfill the requirement.
  3. All Students are also required to complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire Form.
  4. All Students under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian complete the Parent Consent for Minor form to receive services at Minot State Student Health.

To submit immunization, tuberculosis documentation and other health records:

  1. GO TO MINOT STATE STUDENT PORTAL - If you have claimed your Minot State account, you may access the Minot State Student Health Portal, use your Campus Connection user name and password to log in.

    • Go to Upload > Choose Document You Are Uploading > Immunization Record > Select File > Upload

    • Go to Electronic and Downloadable Forms > Student Health Clinic > Health-Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire > Complete and submit

  4. PRINT AND UPLOAD PARENT CONSENT FOR MINOR. If you are under the age of 18 years, your parent or guardian must complete a Parent Consent for Minor form to receive services at Minot State Student Health.
    • Go to Electronic and Downloadable Forms > Forms > Parent Consent for Minor > Print > Complete the form > Go to Upload > Choose Document You Are Uploading > Parent Consent for Minot > Upload

By living on campus, your classes, dining, and recreation are literally right outside your door. Minot State has many housing options that are affordable, safe, comfortable and fun for all students. Plus we offer excellent dining options for resident and commuter students.

All incoming first year students should review our First Year Student Housing Policy. You will be invited to complete the housing application after being admitted and once the application is available (typically February each year).

You can also choose to participate in a Living and Learning Community (LLC) where a group of students reside together within in a Residence Hall based on shared interests or a common major/program affiliation.

The Wellness Living and Learning Community will engage collaboratively with the Minot State Wellness Center, as well as other appropriate faculty and staff to directly engage students in the “8 Dimensions of Wellness” as promoted by the Minot State  Wellness Center.

Location: Cook Hall

Requirements: None!


The Leadership Living and Learning Community is designed to engage students in their Leadership Development while attending Minot State. The community will incorporate various leadership models, as well as Baxter’s “Self-Authorship” theory to develop a student’s Leadership story.

Location: McCulloch Hall

Requirements: None!

2018-2019 Room Rates

All room and board rates are based on Double Occupancy.
Freshmen Housing Policy

Residence Hall Fall Rate Spring Rate Year Total
Cook Hall (Co-Ed) $1,202 $1,202 $2,404
Dakota Hall (Co-Ed) $1,202 $1,202 $2,404
McCulloch Hall (Co-Ed) $1,202 $1,202 $2,404
Crane Hall (Co-Ed) $1,461 $1,461 $2,922
Lura Manor (Co-Ed) $1,461 $1,461 $2,922

Both Fall and Spring rates include a $25 RHA Fee.

More Information and options at the Residence Life website.

To apply for housing:

  1. Log in to your Campus Connection Account.
  2. Select Self Service.
  3. Click on On Campus Housing
  4. Select Minot State University as your campus.
  5. Click the applications tab.
  6. Select the correct application and complete.
  7. Be sure to download and read the " General Conditions of Contract" - if agreed, an electronic signature is required.
  8. Submit your $100 fee room reservation with a debit/credit card or e-check.

Student Activities, commonly referred to as M Life, exists to provide a fun and engaging social atmosphere at Minot State University. Events hosted range from dances, movies, and musicians, to comedians, hypnotists, and movies.

Visit us on Facebook or check out our calendar of events for more information regarding upcoming events!

Facebook     Twitter     Instagram     Snapchat    Pinterest

Welcome to Minot State University - we look forward to seeing you at Minot State events!