How to Accept/Decline Your Financial Aid
If you wish to reduce or decline any of the financial aid offered, you have the option of doing so online. Keep in mind there are limits for the total amount of loan funds you can borrow as an undergraduate and graduate student. For more information on these limits, visit www.direct.ed.gov/applying.html.
Where on Campus Connection do I accept /decline awards?
- Go to http://www.minotstateu.edu/cc/ and click on "Campus Connection Login".
- Enter your user ID and password. If you do not know your user ID or password, call the Help Desk at (866) 457-6387. Help Desk hours are 24 hrs, seven days a week.
- Go to Student Center > Finances > Accept/Decline Awards.
- Select aid year.
- Check "Accept" for each award (or "Accept All"). Some types of the aid may already be accepted on your behalf.
- Click "Submit" and "Yes" to save.
- Click on “Contact FA Office” to report any 3rd party awards (i.e. vocational rehabilitation, BIA grants, scholarships, etc.).
Federal Direct Loans
If you are accepting a Federal Direct Loan for the first time (and you will be enrolled in at least six credits), complete these steps in order for us to process your federal loans.
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Sign in under the ‘Manage My Direct Loan’ section and complete:
- Master Promissory Note
- Loan Entrance Counseling
Federal Perkins/Nursing Loans
If you are borrowing your first Federal Perkins Loan or Federal Nursing Loan at MSU (and you are enrolled in at least six credits) you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Nursing loan borrowers are also required to complete an annual Private Education Loan Self Certification form. These forms will be mailed or emailed to you.
Borrowers of Federal Perkins and Nursing Loans are required to complete loan entrance counseling each year. This requirement can be completed at http://mappingyourfuture.org/.
- Enrollment: Your initial award is based on full-time enrollment. If you plan to enroll in less than 12 credits per semester please notify the Financial Aid Office with the number of credits you will be registered for by emailing the Financial Aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember - you must be enrolled in a minimum of six credits to be eligible for a Federal Direct, Federal Perkins or Federal Nursing Loan.
- Communications: Campus Connection - Be sure to check your Campus Connection frequently for updates to your financial aid package, your account balance and any "Holds" or "To Do Lists".
- MSU email account: Official campus announcements are sent to this email account; be sure to check it often. You can expect to receive information about financial aid, registration, academic advising, campus events, and more.
- Authorized User: If you, the student, would like to add an authorized user to your account, follow the instructions listed below. Your authorized user will be able to view your bill and make payments to your account.:
- Log into Campus Connection.
- Select "Student Center".
- Select "Pay Online Now".
- Select the "Authorized User" tab.
- Select "Add An Authorized User".
- Enter authorized user's email address.
- How academic progress affects financial aid.
- Withdrawing from school.
- The cost of tuition and fees.
- Important dates.
- Debt management and consumer information.