Article I: Name
The name of the organization shall be the "Staff Senate of Minot State University."
Article II: Authority and Mission
- The Staff Senate was established with the encouragement and approval of the President of
Minot State University in October 1992.
- The Staff Senate was established with the encouragement and approval of the President of Minot State University in October 1992.
- The Staff Senate is established to be a representative body of the University's classified employees. The Senate shall strive to promote communication between the President, other administrators, and classified staff. The Senate shall also inform and serve the classified staff of Minot State University.
Article III: Membership
The Senate shall consist of approximately ten percent of the members of the classified staff elected in accordance with the By Laws of the Senate. The classified staff is defined as any staff member whose position falls under the classification plan as described in the Human Resource Policy Manual, and whose position is eligible to receive benefits (such as health insurance and retirement).
Article IV: Officers
Officers of the Senate shall be a President, a Vice President, and a Secretary-Treasurer.
Article V: Bylaws
The Senate may adopt or amend such bylaws as may be required for the accomplishment of its mission.
Article VI: Amendments to the Constitution
- Proposals for amending the Constitution may be initiated by:
- The President of the University,
- Five voting members of the Senate; or
- A petition signed by ten percent or more of all classified staff as defined in Article III of this Constitution.
- Amendments shall be approved by a simple majority (51%) of the Staff Senate and the President of the University.