The Staff Senate has established committees which are responsible to the Senate and perform duties determined by the Senate and/or Executive Committee. All Senators are eligible to serve on any Staff Senate Committee(s). The following is a list of the committees and a brief description of each as outlined in the Staff Senate Bylaws:
- ByLaws: Reviews, suggests and makes amendments to the bylaws.
- Election: Rules on questions relating to qualifications of electors and members, nominates and receives nominations, presents a slate of nominees, and conducts the elections.
- Legislative: Provides Staff Senate with information regarding legislative activity placing particular emphasis on issues affecting higher education and MSU staff. The committee depends on feedback from the Staff Senate to propose and initiate a coordinated effort as a result of the given information.
- Program: Investigates topics and speakers for Staff Senate meetings and forwards their recommendations to the Executive Committee for consideration.
- Scholarship: Designs, updates, and disseminates application forms for the Classified Staff Scholarship, and selects recipients on an annual basis.
- Professional Development: Identifies programs and activities that will provide personal and professional growth opportunities for University staff. In identifying programs, the committee will assess the needs and wants of staff through questionnaires and surveys.
The Staff Senate has also added the following committees which serve in a variety of capacities: Orientation, Loss Control, Homecoming Picnic/Parade Float, and NDUS Staff Senate.
2013 - 2014 Staff Senate Committee Members
Holiday Decorating Committee:
Fall Kick-off Committees
Staff Senate representation on other governing bodies or institutional committees.
NDUS Staff Senate representative (and two alternates): Derek Van Dyke, Lindsey Benson, Aaron Hughes, Linda Benson
Faculty Senate Representative (non-voting): Celeste Simmons
Student Government Association Representative (non-voting): Linda Benson
Loss Control Committee representative: -
Staff representation on institutional committees [not limited to a senator].
Sustainability Committee: -
Information Technology Advisory Committee representative: -
Parking Appeals Committee: -
Compensation Task Force: -
Planning and Budgeting Council: -
Landscaping Committee: -