The Staff Senate has established committees which are responsible to the Senate and perform duties determined by the Senate and/or Executive Committee. All Senators are eligible to serve on any Staff Senate Committee(s). The following is a list of the committees and a brief description of each as outlined in the Staff Senate Bylaws:
- ByLaws: Reviews, suggests and makes amendments to the bylaws.
- Election: Rules on questions relating to qualifications of electors and members, nominates and receives nominations, presents a slate of nominees, and conducts the elections.
- Legislative: Provides Staff Senate with information regarding legislative activity placing particular emphasis on issues affecting higher education and MSU staff. The committee depends on feedback from the Staff Senate to propose and initiate a coordinated effort as a result of the given information.
- Program: Investigates topics and speakers for Staff Senate meetings and forwards their recommendations to the Executive Committee for consideration.
- Scholarship: Designs, updates, and disseminates application forms for the Classified Staff Scholarship, and selects recipients on an annual basis.
- Professional Development: Identifies programs and activities that will provide personal and professional growth opportunities for University staff. In identifying programs, the committee will assess the needs and wants of staff through questionnaires and surveys.
The Staff Senate has also added the following committees which serve in a variety of capacities: Orientation, Loss Control, Homecoming Picnic/Parade Float, and NDUS Staff Senate.
2011 - 2012 Staff Senate Committee Members
Bylaws Committee: 
Election Committee: 
Legislative Committee: 
Holiday Decorating Committee: 
Homecoming Parade: 
Scholarship Committee: 
Orientation Committee: 
Fall Kick-off Committees
Advertising: Tyler Schmaltz, Nathan Anderson, Linda Seklecki
Prizes: Diane Pierson, Suzanne, Brandon Neiss, Sarah Carr, Connie Teets, Cathy Anderson
Food: Linda Benson, Sherri Giessinger, Megan Ferderer, Cheryl Merck, Celeste Simmons, Julie Keller, Dave Klassy
Entertainment: Mindy Rudnick, Lindsey Benson, Derek Van Dyke, Darla Weigel, Connie Teets
Set-up: Bill Klimpel, Scott Peterson, Charlene Radke, Beth Odahlen
Staff Senate representation on other governing bodies or institutional committees.
NDUS Staff Senate representative (and two alternates): Vicki Troftgruben, Nathan Anderson, Linda Benson, Darla Weigel, Sherri Giessinger, Linda Seklecki
Faculty Senate Representative (non-voting): Celeste Simmons
Student Government Association Representative (non-voting): Linda Benson
Loss Control Committee representative: Connie Teets
Staff representation on institutional committees [not limited to a senator].
Sustainability Committee: Laurel Hyatt, Crystal Michels
Information Technology Advisory Committee representative: Anton Huether
Parking Appeals Committee: Melissa Cantone, Nancy Mickelson (2011)
Compensation Task Force: Marcia Johnson, Nathan Anderson
Planning and Budgeting Council: -
Landscaping Committee: Leon Perzinski, Lisa Eriksmoen, Nathan Anderson, Rebecca Porter, & Susan Ness