General Ordering Information
- $5 per transcript, unless special ordering options are chosen. Only U.S. Funds are accepted.
- Transcripts will not be processed if a Business Office hold (delinquent account) has been placed on a student's account.
- Business Office holds must be cleared within 30 days of the receipt of the request. After 30 days, your order will be canceled and you will need to submit a new transcript request.
- Transcripts are mailed general USPS.
- Transcript requests cannot be accepted over the phone.
- Photo ID is required to pick up transcripts.
- Faxed transcripts are unofficial. Verify the type of transcript needed before requesting a copy to be faxed.
- Current and former students with online CampusConnection access may view and print an unofficial transcript free of charge through CampusConnection (Self Service>Academic Records>View Unofficial Transcript).
- Former MSU-Bottineau students should contact Dakota College at Bottineau directly with transcript orders.
- You can upload documents to be included with your transcript. These forms must contain a barcode. Any other documents will not be mailed with your transcript.
NOTE: Unofficial transcripts are only available online for students who were enrolled at MSU Fall 2005 or later.
Delivery and Payment Options
Regular USPS - $5* per Transcript
Once the transcript request is received in the Registrar's Office, your transcript will be processed and mailed from the Registrar's Office within 2-3 business days.
Hold for Pick up - $5* per Transcript
Once the transcript request is received in the Registrar's Office, your transcript will be available for pick up within two business days in the Registrar's Office. Photo ID is required for pick up.
Official Mail/Unofficial Fax Combo (Same Day) - $5* per Transcript + $10 Surcharge per Order
Once the transcript request is received in the Registrar's Office, your transcript will be processed and an unofficial transcript will be faxed. We are unable to ship FedEx, UPS, or Express mail. All orders will be shipped general USPS.
Hold for Pick up (Same Day) - $5* per Transcript + $10 Surcharge per Order
Once the transcript request is received in the Registrar's Office, your transcript will be processed and available for pick up an hour after request is received. Photo ID is required for pick up.
*Online orders require an additional $2.25 convenience fee.
OPTION #1 - ONLINE
Minot State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official transcript ordering securely online at anytime. You must have a major credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) and a valid email account to request your transcript online. Your card will be charged only after your order has been completed.
The online service allows you to:
- Order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- Track your order status
- Receive timely email notices regarding your transcript request
- Review your order status history
Log into CampusConnection
- Self Service
- Academic Records
- Order Transcript
- Minot State University
- Order Official Transcript (This will direct you to the NSLC secured site)
- Complete the 5 step request process.
Former and Alumni Students:
Students who do not have a CampusConnection account may order official transcripts directly from the National Student Clearinghouse site.
- Go to: www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Click Order
- Complete the 5 step request process.
OPTION #2 - MAIL/FAX
Mail Payment and Request to:
Minot State University
Attn: Registrar's Office
500 University Ave W
Minot, ND 58707
OPTION #3 - IN PERSON
Transcripts should be picked up in the Registrar's Office, 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
Transcript Resend Policy
A student will be allowed one transcript resend to a company/school address as indicated on the initial transcript request with an address verification. The resend request will only be granted within 2-4 weeks of the initial request if it has not been received by the company/school. If a student wants the resend to occur prior to the 2-4 week waiting period, he/she must pay $5.00 for the official transcript to be sent.
Resends will not be processed after modifications to the official transcript have been made (i.e. grade postings, degree postings or grade changes) and cannot be resent to a personal address.
If the transcript is going to a different address, it will be considered a new request and the student will have to pay the $5.00 for official transcripts.