Gallery of Top Entries:
2014 Submission Deadline:
Friday, October 24 at 4:00 pm
- Student submissions
- Faculty, Staff, Retiress and Alumni submissions
- Snapshots of MSU Community Abroad (NEW!)
Individuals may submit up to three photographs for their relevant category PLUS three additional snapshots.
The top entries will be enlarged and displayed in the MSU Student Center during International Education Week (Nov. 18-22). An electronic photo gallery is also linked here.
High-resolution digital photos can be submitted with the following restrictions:
- Digital entries must besubmitted as an original image file on a compact disk.
- Digital photos must be high enough resolution to allowus to produce high-quality 16" x 20" enlargements for our displays. An image with fewer than 5.0 Megapixels may not be suitable for a high quality enlargement.
- Entrants must have an official connection with MSU, defined as MSU student, faculty, staff, retiree, alum and/or Alumni Association member.
- Individuals may submit up to three photographs per relevant category.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must be photographs taken outside the United States.
- Entries from individuals involved in competition planning or judging are not eligible to win, place, or receive prizes.
- Individuals may submit up to three photographs per relevant category PLUS three additional snapshots.
- Snapshots may include pictures of the entrant near/with notable landmarks, monuments, historical points of interest, or appearing with other interesting cultural objects or entities, etc. outside of the U.S.
- Any person appearing in the snapshot must submit a completed MSU Media Release Form along with the photo files.
All entries must be labeled with the following information:
- the title of the work
- when the photograph was taken (month, if known, and year)
- where the photograph was taken (city or region, and country)
- proper orientation of photograph, if not obvious
- the complete name and city/country of the photographer and connection to Minot State University (student, faculty, staff, alumna, etc). Entries from alumni should include the following details: year of graduation, degree earned, current job and place of residence.
- any person appearing in a snapshot should be identified.
Mail, send electronically, or hand-deliver entries to:
MSU International Programs
500 University Ave West
Minot, ND 58707
Rights are retained by the artist. By submitting the work, however, the artist grants Minot State University royalty-free use, including use of their photograph(s) in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be credited in displays and publications when appropriate.
Model Release Policy
Photographers must be sensitive to the privacy of human subjects. Winning photographs which include people will require signed "Media Release Forms" in cases where the privacy of the individuals pictured may appear to have been infringed upon.
Entries will be judged on artistic expressiveness, creativity and on the quality of the image. Judges also reserve the right to consider geographic and thematic variety, as well as relevance to MSU's international mission, in selecting the winners. All decisions of the judges are final. The competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.