In celebration of International Education Week the Minot State University Office of International Programs organizes the "Global Sights Photo Contest" for MSU students, faculty, staff, retirees, and alumni.
2013 Submission Deadline:
Thursday, October 31 at 4:00 pm
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners and honorable mentions will have their work enlarged and displayed in the Multicultural Center on campus during International Education Week, Nov. 18-22. An electronic photo gallery is also available here to display winning entries.
High-resolution digital photos only should be submitted with the following restrictions:
- Digital entries must be submitted as an original image file on a compact disk.
- Digital photos must be high enough resolution to allow us to produce high-quality 16" x 20" enlargements for our displays. An image with fewer than 5.0 Megapixels may not be suitable for a high quality enlargement.
- Entrants must have an official connection with MSU, defined as MSU student, faculty, staff, retiree, alum and/or Alumni Association member.
- A maximum of three photographs per entrant may be entered.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must be photographs taken outside the United States.
- Entries from individuals involved in competition planning or judging, and entries from professional photographers, are not eligible to win, place, or receive prizes.
- One prize maximum per entrant.
All entries must be labeled with the following information:
- the title of the work
- when the photograph was taken (month, if known, and year)
- where the photograph was taken (city or region, and country)
- proper orientation of photograph, if not obvious
- the complete name and city/country of the photographer and connection to Minot State University (student, faculty, staff, alumna, etc). Entries from alumni should include the following details: year of graduation, degree earned, current job and place of residence.
Mail or hand-deliver entries to:
MSU International Programs
500 University Ave West
Minot, ND 58707
Rights are retained by the artist. By submitting the work, however, the artist grants Minot State University royalty-free use, including use of their winning photograph(s) in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be credited in displays and publications as appropriate.
Model Release Policy
Photographers must be sensitive to the privacy of human subjects. Winning photographs which include people will require signed "Media Release Forms" in cases where the privacy of the individuals pictured may appear to have been infringed upon.
Entries will be judged on artistic expressiveness, creativity and on the quality of the image. Judges also reserve the right to consider geographic and thematic variety, as well as relevance to MSU's international mission, in selecting the winners. All decisions of the judges are final. The competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.