Evaluation of Educational Experiences of Military Personnel

Service personnel currently on active duty who have acquired certain educational experiences, or have attended service schools, or have passed college AP/CLEP/DANTES tests can have these evaluated for transfer credit. Minot State University accepts the following towards a bachelor’s degree:

  1. Military Credit (https://www.minotstateu.edu/records/transfer.shtml#05)
    Basic training courses are accepted in transfer as KIN 100 and fulfill the wellness category of general education requirements at the University. All other military credit is evaluated using the most recent ACE Guide recommendations. Military work experience will not be accepted.
  2. Advanced Placement (AP), The College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and DANTES subject standardized tests are accepted in some areas. Check with the Registrar’s Office for the current AP/CLEP/DANTES Policy, as it is subject to revision. (See also Credit by Examination).


Transfer Credits

» American Council on Education (ACE)