Work Orders Procedure
1. Standard work orders: These work orders will be tracked in the Maintenance Connection work order system.
2. Emergency work orders: These requests should be mailed to Facilities Management or faxed to 858-3002. The request should include the requester's name, telephone number and location and nature of problem. These emergency requests will be initially reviewed by William Chew, Facilities Administrative Services Director, or Brian Foisy, Vice President for Administration and Finance, if William Chew is not available. Then Terry Wald (maintenance superintedent) will review the requests. Terry Wald will either address the emergency himself or assign the repairs to the appropriate staff person. This process would only apply to emergency work; all other work must follow Options 1.
3. Elective Construction or Remodels/Department Moves/Department Furniture Changes Requiring Setup or Utility Connections: This form is currently available and may be revised periodically. This form will be used for all elective construction maintenance requests including construction projects. This form would be utilized so that work requests are reviewed by department chairs or deans and their vice president. Once this form is received by Facilities Management, it will be reviewed by William Chew, Facilities Administrative Services Director, or Brian Foisy, Vice President for Administration and Finance, if William Chew is not available, and a determination will be made if the work is routine maintenance or special circumstances. Special circumstances will require a cost estimate by the Facilities Administrative Services Director and notification to the appropriate vice president and department chair or dean that there will be a cost to a department; the request will include a request for approval of the charges and a cost code.
- PDF Version: Elective Construction or Remodels/Department Moves/Major Department Furniture Replacements
- Word Version: Elective Construction or Remodels/Department Moves/Major Department Furniture Replacements
4. Notification of Change in Inventory Form: This form needs to be filled out any time inventory is moved from one location to another. The form is also available on the Business Office Website under PeopleSoft Information. There are hard copies available in the Facilities Management office.
- PDF Version: Notification of Change in Inventory Form
- Excel Version: Notification of Change in Inventory Form