This information is presented as a guideline for the operation of motor vehicles on the campus of Minot State University. MSU permits students, faculty, and staff to operate vehicles in the University community. Certain rules and procedures have been established. These regulations aim to insure the safety and orderliness of pedestrian and vehicle traffic. The following statements are a guideline for your use in registration and operation of a motor vehicle at Minot State University.
The parking fee is used for improvements and maintenance of parking lots. The parking fine is used for staff and office expenses, with the balance used for improvements and maintenance. Direct questions to the Parking Office, located in the Facilities Management Building, phone (701) 858-3210, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
12 months per year
All violations listed under General Regulations on Driving and Parking will be enforced on a twenty-four (24) hour basis, 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year.
Reserved: $45.00 per year.
Unreserved: $35.00 per year, which includes Lot UNR.
- In this folder the term "motor vehicle" includes automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, motor scooter, motor bikes, and any other motor powered vehicle operating on land.
- A parking fee will be assessed for all faculty, employees, and students who operate a motor vehicle and use University parking facilities. All residents of University operated facilities, including all contracted employees who operate a motor vehicle will be required to pay a parking fee. This fee must be paid by the student at the time the regular registration fees are paid.
- Refunds for second semester will be given if it can be established that the car will not be used on campus. The parking permit must be returned to the Parking Office.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to obtain and properly display the permit he/she is assigned. (Failure to display a permit or the improper display of a permit by anyone connected with the University will constitute a parking violation by the operator of the vehicle.)
- Replacement permits can be purchased at the parking office. These will be replaced at full purchase price. ALL NEW VEHICLES MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE PARKING ON CAMPUS.
- The University will not assume responsibility for the protection and/or care of any vehicle or its contents at any time it is operated or parked on campus. It is recommended that vehicles be kept locked at all times, and that visual valuables be removed when the vehicle is parked. Additionally, it is recommended that a list of serial numbers of tape decks, tires, batteries, etc., be kept for reporting purposes in case of theft. It is further suggested that cars kept parked for a number of days be checked daily for theft or vandalism. Theft or vandalism should be reported immediately to the Minot Police Department and Campus Security at 858-3210.
- The purchase of a reserved parking permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space.