Sociology Program Goals
- Students should develop a knowledge base constructed on the accumulation of sociological research.
- Students should have an understanding of sociological theory.
- Students should master sociological research methods and statistics.
- Students should be well versed in the articulation of sociological perspectives.
- Students should develop critical thinking skills.
- Students should become responsive to social conditions and problems.
- Students should be provided with the stimuli and models for the acquisition of professional values and roles.
- Courses should emphasize the need to develop reflective decision making skills so that students may learn to apply their sociological knowledge.
- Course offerings should include a variety of multicultural and global topics that focus on traditional as well as contemporary institutional issues.