ID card Eligibility and Procedures
Following are the eligibility requirements and the procedural steps necessary to obtain a Student or Faculty/Staff ID Card. Please refer to this information as your guide to helping individuals better understand who is eligible to receive an ID card and how, when and where it can be obtained. ID Cards can be obtained in the Photo ID office located on the second floor of the Student Center. The first Photo ID is FREE!
An individual must meet one of the following criteria prior to obtaining an ID card:
- Students (undergraduate, graduate and professional) must be admitted or registered with the University. Note: University entitlements are based on current status, not future status.
- Faculty, academic staff, staff, and graduate students must be entered into PeopleSoft.
A good indication that an individual is in PeopleSoft and is ready to receive a card is when they have received an official University e-mail address.
Terms and Conditions:
Your ID card is the official identification card of Minot State University and, as such, may be required for admission to University functions and certain contracted services. Your card is valuable and should be treated like cash or a credit card. Violations of the following terms and conditions may result in confiscation of the card and must be returned upon request. ID card information and photos may be used for various official campus uses. A government issued photo ID must be presented at the time of card issuance.
Minot State University issues an ID card to all registered students, and employed faculty and staff subject to the following:
- The ID card is the property of the Minot State University. The University reserves the right to revoke use of the card or any of its accounts at any time. The card is non-transferable and may be used only by the individual to whom it is registered.
- The ID card, transactions related to the use of the card, and any account balances are the sole responsibility of the individual Cardholder until the University is notified in writing that the card is lost or stolen. For all on-line accounts, the Cardholder will not be held liable for any unauthorized transaction which occurs after the University has been notified of a loss, theft, or possible unauthorized use of the card.
- Money deposited into the debit account (Beaver Bucks Account) is subject to the terms and conditions of the debit account. Any money left in your individual Beaver Bucks Account will revert to the ID card Office two (2) years after becoming inactive. An application for deposit and a complete copy of these terms and conditions can be obtained at the ID Card Office.
- The Cardholder will not damage or alter the card in any manner. This includes, but is not limited to, punching holes in or affixing stickers to the card.
- The Cardholder is solely responsible for all fees associated with the card including the cost of replacing a physically damaged, lost or stolen card. A non-refundable fee of $15 is charged to replace a lost or stolen card.