Collaborative Request Form for Minot State University Students
A collaborative student is a student earning their degree from Minot State University (MiSU), but taking additional courses at another NDUS institution within the same term. The HOME institution is where the student is seeking a degree. The PROVIDER institution is where the student is requesting to enroll in an additional course, but not to pursue a degree.
The following procedure and form is for Minot State University students only.
As a collaborative student, you must agree to follow MSU's Collaborative Policies and Procedures as outlined below. Please read through these and carefully consider your collaborative request. It may not be in your best interest to register as a collaborative student if you are not planning on using these credits for financial aid.
In order to enroll as a collaborative student, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a fully admitted, degree-seeking student at MiSU.
- You cannot have any holds preventing enrollment.
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at MiSU for the semester.
- The course you are requesting cannot be available at MSU. If it is available at MSU, you will not be able to register as a collaborative student.
- You cannot exceed 18 SHs total for the semester without appropriate approval. If your requested course will put you over 18 SHs for the semester, you will need to complete an Overload Approval form.
- You cannot take more than two courses or 6 SHs of collaborative credits a semester.
- You must meet all prerequisites as set by the Provider institution.
- Graduate level courses, UND Continuing Education courses, and correspondence courses are not eligible for collaborative registration.
By requesting a collaborative registration, you agree to the following:
- You understand that collaborative courses do not automatically count towards academic requirements at MiSU. It is your responsibility to verify that the courses you are requesting will fulfill your intended requirement by contacting your academic advisor (for program requirements) or the Registrar's Office (for General Education requirements). Approval of this request as a collaborative registration does NOT indicate approval to fulfill any MiSU requirements.
- You understand that credits taken as a collaborative student are transfer credits from the Provider institution and therefore do NOT count towards the requirement to have at least 30 credit hours from MiSU to earn a degree.
- You will pay your tuition to MiSU before the due date or be cancelled from all courses including collaborative courses.
- You will contact the MiSU Collaborative Coordinator to make any changes to your registration at the Provider institution. The Provider institution will place a hold on your account preventing any changes without permission. This hold is part of the collaborative registration process and will NOT affect your registration at MiSU.
- You will follow all drop and withdrawal procedures with MiSU.
- Your collaborative request must be completed before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class. Absolutely no requests will be accepted after that date.
- If you want to charge books at the Provider institution, you must charge books before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class.
As part of your collaborative registration, MSU will complete the following on your behalf:
- The credits you are taking at MiSU and at the Provider institution will be combined for financial aid purposes.
- The tuition owed to the Provider institution will be added to your bill at MiSU after the last day to add for the semester.
- Bookstore charges, if completed before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class, will be added to your account at MiSU.
- A transcript from the Provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits transferred to MiSU.
Collaborative Request Form
* Indicates required field