Collaborative Request Form for Minot State University Students
A collaborative student is a student who is earning their degree from Minot State University (MiSU), but taking some courses at another NDUS institution within the same term. Minot State University, which is where you are receiving your degree from, is your Home institution. The institution where you are taking a course, but not receiving your degree from, is your Provider institution.
Please consider your collaborative registration very carefully. It may not be in your best interest to register as a collaborative student if you are not planning on using these credits for financial aid at MSU.
To use this page to register, your Home institution must be MiSU. Therefore, you must be a fully admitted student and be receiving your degree from MiSU. To qualify as a collaborative student, you must meet the following criteria.
Please do NOT submit a request if you do not meet these criteria. You CANNOT register for a collaborative course until you are registered for an MSU course for the semester.
- You have been admitted to MiSU as a degree-seeking student.
- You cannot have any negative service indicators preventing enrollment.
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at MiSU for the term.
- The course you are requesting cannot be available at MSU. If it is available at MSU, you will not be able to register as a collaborative student.
- You cannot exceed 18 SHs total for the term without appropriate approval.
- You cannot take more than two courses or 6 SHs of collaborative credits a term.
- You must meet all prerequisites as set by the provider campus.
- Graduate level courses, UND Continuing Education courses, and correspondence courses are not eligible for a collaborative registration.
By requesting a collaborative registration, you are agreeing to the following:
- You understand that collaborative courses do not automatically count towards academic requirements at MiSU. It is your responsibility to verify that the courses you are requesting will fulfill your intended requirement by contacting your academic advisor (for program requirements) or the Registrar's Office (for General Education requirements). Approval of this request as a collaborative registration does NOT indicate approval to fulfill any MSU requirements.
- You understand that credits taken as a collaborative student are transfer credits from the provider institution and therefore do NOT count towards the requirement to have at least 30 credit hours from MiSU to earn a degree.
- You will pay your tuition to MiSU before the due date or be cancelled from all courses including collaborative courses. Do NOT pay any tuition to your provider campus. If you pay the provider campus, you risk cancelling your collaborative status.
- You will not be able to make changes to your registration at the provider institution directly. There will be a hold placed on your account preventing you from making any changes. You must request any changes to your collaborative courses through MiSU. To make changes to your schedule, you must email the Collaborative Coordinator at MiSU.
- You will follow all drop and withdrawal procedures with MiSU.
- Your collaborative request must be completed before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class.
- If you plan on charging books at your provider campus, you must complete this before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class.
As part of your collaborative registration, MSU will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider campuses will be combined with credits at MiSU for financial aid purposes.
- Tuition owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at MiSU.
- Bookstore charges, if completed before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class, will be added to the student's account at MiSU.
- A transcript from your provider institution will automatically be requested at the end of the semester and credits will be transferred to MiSU.
Once you have submitted the registration form below, it is emailed to me. I will check to make sure that you are eligible to take theses courses collaboratively. I will then send your request to the provider institution and they will register you in CampusConnection. You will receive a confirmation email within 1.5 to 2 weeks after the registration has been submitted. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation email. Due to this turn around time for collaborative registrations, we strongly encourage you to submit your registration before the first day of classes.
You can use CampusConnection to view course offerings across the university system. If you are an MiSU student and have questions about the collaborative process, call the MSU Collaborative Coordinator at 701-858-3218.
Request to be a Collaborative Student
All collaborative requests must be completed before 4:00 PM on Friday of the first week of class. Absolutely no requests will be accepted after that date.
You CANNOT use this form to register for Minot State University courses!
* Indicates required field