It is suggested that all students planning to enter the University for the fall term apply by April 1 of the preceding spring. Students planning to enter during subsequent terms should apply at least one month in advance. After you have completed your admission, you must set up your MSU email account. This is MANDATORY for online courses.
Freshman Admission: For prospective first-time college students planning to take an online course or enroll in an online program.
Transfer Admission: For students transferring credits from another University.
Non-Degree Seeking Student Admission: For students interested in taking less than 12 semester hours with MSU Online for transfer to their home institutions.
Graduate Admissions: For students interested in graduate level courses, 501 and above.
- Application for Re-admission: For students who have already applied, but have skipped one or more semesters and are planning to returning.
Fall and spring online semesters are 16-weeks in duration and the summer session is 8-weeks long. Students must register for courses during the registration period that precedes each semester. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more.
Quick Links to Admissions Application Forms
- Admissions Application (submit online)
- Immunization Waiver Request
- Non-degree Seeking Form for undergraduate courses (print and mail or fax)
- Non-degree Seeking Form for graduate courses (print and mail or fax)