Skip to content
MSU Online
Student studying outside

Non-Degree Seeking Student Information

Students who enroll in courses, but do not wish to seek a degree may enroll as Undergraduate Non-Degree students. Students enrolling with this status are not eligible for federal financial aid and may not exceed a total of 12 semester hours of credit as Undergraduate Non-Degree students. Enrollment in courses beyond 12 semester hours will be contingent upon completion of all entrance requirements for new freshman or transfer students.

Application Process:

You will receive information from the Enrollment Services Office concerning your acceptance to MSU. If you have questions about the non-degree admission process, please contact the Enrollment Services Office at 701-858-3350 or 1-800-777-0750, extension 3350.

After you have been accepted to MSU, you must complete the following steps: