|Janan Thom, International Recruiter||Janan's Blog|
|Phone: +1 (701) 858-3183|
|September||Southeast Asia, Hong Kong|
Welcome International Students!
» Canadian specific information
International students on the Minot State University campus are a significant part of our family. International students receive outstanding international student services from caring and experienced staff. They may also take extensive English courses through The Language Company right on our campus.
Minot State University strives to ensure the comfort and safety of its international students on our campus and in our community.
Minot State University offers nationally ranked academic programs in bachelors and masters degrees with commitments grounded in highly effective teaching and learning strategies. Minot State University faculty are highly accredited and committed to high academic standards, and research. The faculty offer students a variety of learning experiences in the classroom, the community, and at regional and national conferences.
Minot State University is one of the few higher learning institutions in the United States where all students, including international students, pay affordable in-state tuition.
Minot State University is located in Minot, North Dakota, home to one of the lowest crime and unemployment rates in the U.S. Our international students find a campus large enough to have a big town university feel, yet find faculty who know them by name.
Admission Requirement Checklists
Majors & Programs
- International students pay an affordable flat tuition rate:
Yearly (fall & spring semesters) Tuition Rate (2011-12)
• Undergraduate: *$5763
• Graduate: *$7,081.46
• Room and Board: $4730
• Annual estimate of total costs [pdf]
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered on campus
- Comfortable, safe and convenient living arrangements are available on and off campus
- Courses offered on a three semester per year basis with eight and sixteen-week schedules
- New Wellness Center opens April 2012
- Off-campus training opportunities are options while earning your undergraduate or graduate degree
- New learning environments in nursing, education, and the College of Business with the Severson Entrepreneurship Academy and Slaaten Learning Center
- English as a Second Language courses offered on campus through The Language Company (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Minot State students also benefit financially by not paying for their 13th-18th credits. Students pay per credit hour up to 12 credit hours for on-campus classes. With the 13th-18th credits free, a student can save thousands of dollars over their four years. Tuition is subject to change as needed.