Thursday, November 15th, 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
(1st floor of Student Center, NW corner)
EVERYONE is welcome; MSU students, faculty, staff, and community members!
Come Prepared with the Following Documentation:
All documents (except affidavits and altered documents) will be returned to you with your issued passport.
1. Proof of US Citizenship: This could be an expired passport or an official, certified copy of your birth certificate, with raised seal. If you do not have a certified copy, contact the Vital Records Division/State Health Department of the state in which you were born. Processing times are typically 1-2 weeks, so request yours now!
- If you were born in North Dakota: www.ndhealth.gov/vital/ or call (701) 328-2360
- If you were born in Minnesota: www.health.state.mn.us/divs/chs/osr/birth.html or call (651) 201-5000
- Naturalized U.S. citizens: must provide one of the following: naturalization certificate, or certificate of citizenship, or Consularís Report of Birth Abroad.
2. Proof of Identification. This could be one of the following:
- Current Driverís License (out-of-state drivers licenses must be accompanied by another form of ID)
- Military Photo ID Card
- U.S. Passport (if the applicant is 16 years or older)
- State Issued Photo ID Card
- Government Photo Employee Card
Social security cards are not accepted.
3. One Passport Photo. The photograph must meet the specific requirements listed below. If you do not have a passport photo, one may be taken and purchased at the event for an additional $15.
Your Photograph Must Be:
* 2 x 2 inches in size
* Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
* Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
* Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
* Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
* Taken in normal street attire:
* Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
* Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
* If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
4. Applications will be provided at the drive. Or, they can be downloaded from one of the following links:
|First-time applicants (DS-11)|
|Lost or stolen passports: DS-11 form and DS-64 statement|
5. Fees. Please bring cash or 2 personal checks. Credit cards will not be accepted.
Do I need to apply for a first-time passport in person? Yes, if:
- If your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession
- If your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago
- If your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 or
- If your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost or stolen.
(Information from www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html)
- The new U.S. Passport Card is not for travel by air.
-Emergency situations included
- It is valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean only.
- Passport Cards carry the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and is adjudicated to the exact same standards.
Sponsored by: MSU Office of International Programs & The United States Postal Service, Minot Office