International Transfer Student Application Checklist
International students who have previously attended a college or university, AND have completed at least 24 semester hours are considered TRANSFER STUDENTS.If you are transferring fewer than 24 semester hours of college or university credit, you MUST apply as a first year student.
Application for Admission
Use the on line application and submit directly to Minot State University.
$35 U.S. application fee
- If you didn't already pay your application fee online when you submitted your application, you may call Enrollment Services at +1-701-858-3350 with your credit card information. You may also pay by a U.S. check or money order. Make the check or money order payable to Minot State University and note the applicant's full legal name as it appears on driver's license/passport.
Transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
Students transferring from a university outside of the United States must submit an official transcript from the institution reflecting all courses attempted and grades received; in addition to a professional course-by-course evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE), American Education Research Corporation (AERC), or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Information about the evaluation services can be found at: www.wes.org, www.ece.org, www.aerc-eval.com, and http://ies.aacrao.org/. The credential evaluator can attach a photocopy of the transcript being evaluated to the evaluation report.
Transfer Clearance form [pdf]
If you are transferring to MSU from a college or university in the United States you must submit a transfer form signed by you and the international coordinator at your current school. Please fax the form to the Office of International Programs (701-858-3279).
Photocopy of the page containing your personal information from your Passport.
This information will be used to create your form I-20.
Send Application Materials to:
Minot State University
500 University Ave West
Minot ND 58707 USA
For best consideration for admission be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines:
- Fall semester (August start):
- Students transferring from a university outside of the United States: May 1 for the application and fee. The application must be complete by June 1.
- Students transferring from a university within the United States: June 15 for the application and fee. The application must be complete by July 15.
- Spring semester (January start):
- Students transferring from a university outside of the United States: September 15 for the application and fee. The application must be complete by October 15.
- Students transferring from a university within the United States: October 15 for the application and fee. The application must be complete by November 15.
- After these dates, applications may be considered.
Notification of Application Status
You will receive a letter notifying you of your admission status within two weeks after you submit all of the required documents. Full acceptance is not granted until all requirements are met. Upon receipt of all required documents and offer of acceptance, you will receive instructions on how to register for your course work. In the mean time, please check out Steps for Admitted Students on the International Students Services page.
page last updated Dec. 12, 2014