International Transfer Student Application Checklist
International students who have previously attended a college or university, AND have completed at least 24 semester hours are considered TRANSFER STUDENTS.If you are transferring fewer than 24 semester hours of college or university credit, you MUST apply as a first year student.
$35 U.S. application fee
- If you didn't already pay your application fee online when you submitted your application, you may call Enrollment Services at +1-701-858-3350 with your credit card information. You may also pay by a U.S. check or money order. Make the check or money order payable to Minot State University and note the applicant's full legal name as it appears on driver's license/passport.
Transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
Students transferring from a university outside of the United States must submit an official transcript from the institution reflecting all courses attempted and grades received; in addition to a professional course-by-course, or detailed evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE), American Education Research Corporation (AERC), or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Information about the evaluation services can be found at: www.wes.org, www.ece.org, www.aerc-eval.com, and http://ies.aacrao.org/.
Transfer Clearance form [pdf]
If you are transferring to MSU from a college or university in the United States you must submit a transfer form signed by you and the international coordinator at your current school. Please fax the form to the MSU Office of International Programs (701-858-3888).
Photocopy of the page containing your personal information from your Passport.
This information will be used to create your form I-20.
Send Application Materials to:
Minot State University
500 University Ave West
Minot ND 58707 USA
For best consideration for admission be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines:
- Fall semester (August start):
- Students transferring from a university outside of the United States: Submit your application and all supporting documents by June 1.
- Students transferring from a university within the United States: Submit your application and all supporting documents by July 15.
- Spring semester (January start):
- Students transferring from a university outside of the United States: Submit your application and all supporting documents by October 15.
- Students transferring from a university within the United States: Submit your application and all supporting documents by November 15.
- After these dates, applications may be considered.
Notification of Application Status
You will receive an email notifying you of your admission status within two weeks after you submit all of the required documents. Full acceptance is not granted until all requirements are met. Upon receipt of all required documents and offer of acceptance, you will receive instructions on how to register for Connect Orientation. At Connect you will meet with an advisor, register for classes, and connect with fellow MSU students. In the meantime, please check out Steps for Admitted Students and the New Student Roadmap.
page last updated Feb. 5, 2015