Open Positions - Available Administrative Staff Positions
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, service, and cooperation, and upon respect for people and place. Our Vision 2013 is a vision for the future of Minot State University to help people appreciate life and learning and contribute meaningfully to the lives of others.
Position: Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs
Date Posted: October 28, 2014
Position #100096 Job Family 1105
Full-time, 12-month position
Deadline: December 1, 2014
Salary: Minimum Annual Salary Range: $65,000-$72,500 plus benefits (Benefits include health insurance w/premiums paid, retirement plan, & paid annual and sick leave)
Position Description: The Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs will coordinate the administration of funded research and scholarship in addition to sponsored programs at Minot State University. The successful candidate will also be responsible to ensure the University is in compliance with all federal and state regulations related to the administration of grant-funded projects and programming. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs will:
- Facilitate the submission of all sponsored program proposals for Minot State University.
- Identify funding opportunities and assist in the development of proposals and preparation of budgets.
- Maintain a database of resources that can support scholarship activities of faculty and staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funding agencies and foundations.
- Provide training to faculty and staff that assists them in proposal preparation and management of funded projects.
- Serve as a resource for pre-award proposal preparation, post-award administration, and compliance reporting requirements on funded projects.
- Support the operations of the Institutional Review Board and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Develop and oversee a multi-year, self-sustaining funding strategy for the Office of Sponsored Programs.
Selection Criteria: Candidates for this position will have a minimum of a Masterís degree. The successful candidate will have at least three to five years of progressively responsible experience in sponsored programs and a documented record of experience in grant development and administration in an academic environment. A successful record of obtaining grants from federal and state agencies as well as foundations and other private sector sources is required. Current knowledge of federal regulations and procedures applicable to grants and contracts is also necessary. Candidates will have proven ability to work with faculty across a variety of disciplines. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.
Application Process: Submit an application, current curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts and the names and contact information for five references. Applications can be mailed or submitted by email to the following address:
Human Resources Office|
Minot State University
500 University Avenue West
Minot, ND 58707
2nd Floor, Administration Bldg