Open Positions - Available Administrative Staff Positions
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, service, and cooperation, and upon respect for people and place. Our Vision 2013 is a vision for the future of Minot State University to help people appreciate life and learning and contribute meaningfully to the lives of others.
Position Announcement - Director of Human Resources
Minot State University is seeking a Director of Human Resources. This Director is the chief human resources officer and provides direction and management for the human resources function for the University. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, this position is responsible for policies and programs covering recruiting and retention, employment, orientation, compensation, benefits, performance management and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Coordinates requests for creating new positions through the appropriate supervisory line and budgeting process. Maintains positions in the HRMS.
- Provides and implements policies and procedures related to Human Resources functions and processes.
- Assists departments with recruiting/talent acquisition, hiring new employees and orienting/on-boarding those employees including benefits education and submission of required documents to the payroll department.
- Manages and adapts the University compensation model as needed.
- Provides procedures and assists departments with termination of employees.
- Provides and monitors programs to provide a record of employee performance.
- Monitors employee actions necessary for special circumstances.
- Maintains salary survey data to support the salary administration program.
- May assist Title IX Director with discrimination or Title IX allegation investigations.
- Serves on University and State University System committees as needed.
Bachelorís degree required, advanced degree preferred in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Business, Law or related field.
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a Human Resources department, or related field.
PHR or SPHR preferred.
Must be a competent user of software including word processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred. Knowledge of State of North Dakota Human Resources policies preferred.
Deadline: Open until filled
Contact: Donna Epperson, (701) 858-3331
Application Process: Please submit Letter of Application, Resume, and 3 Professional References to:
Brent Winiger, Vice President for Administration and Finance
Minot State is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.
Minot State University is a state-supported institution of higher education with an enrollment of approximately 3800 students. The university is organized into three colleges-Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and Health Sciences and the Graduate School. Bachelor's degrees are offered in more than 40 fields, master's degrees in 12, and one specialist degree.
Minot State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and subscribes to the laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, or any other prescribed category. MSU applies Veteran's Preference Laws. Inquiries or complaints regarding equal employment, educational opportunities, or the affirmative action program should be directed to the Affirmative Action Office.