Master of Science in Management (MSM)
Relevant degree for today's world
The principles of management can be applied to virtually any industry - from finance to manufacturing to sales - which makes the Master of Science in Management (MSM) a highly portable degree in an ever-changing global economy.
Minot State University’s MSM degree emphasizes leading-edge management principles and strategies for success in modern organizations. The program prepares working professionals to assume greater management responsibilities and scholars to continue management studies at the doctoral level.
In addition to core management courses, students are exposed to best practices in managerial communication, strategic marketing, human resources, financial management, accounting, statistics, and management information systems.
The MSM program prepares you to:
- Make managerial decisions that add value to your organization
- Demonstrate strategic and operational leadership skills
- Communicate in a manner that enhances the overall effectiveness of your organization
- Apply technology to enhance managerial decision making
- Apply international business and entrepreneurship concepts within a managerial context
MSM vs. MBA: What’s the difference?
The Master of Science in Management is a research-oriented degree. Students typically specialize in a specific area of management, but are exposed to all key aspects of business management. An MSM degree may lead to advanced study.
MBA graduates tend to function as generalists, dealing with all aspects of conducting business, including accounting, finance, marketing, and management. The MBA is considered a terminal degree and most often does not lead to additional graduate studies.