MSM Admission Requirements and Instructions
- Completed MSU Graduate School Application. Applications must be submitted online. The Graduate School at Minot State University does not accept paper applications. To access the online application, please visit: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=ndusmingr. The exception to this is applications for re-admission (available on the Graduate School website).
- Requirements and Instructions. Detailed admission requirements and instructions can be found at www.minotstateu.edu/graduate/admission_01.shtml.
- Required Test Scores. Applicants to the MSM program who have a last 60 hour GPA of at least 3.00 are not required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or GMAT tests. The GRE/GMAT test will be required for those applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
- Essential Prep Program information is available at: www.gmac.com/gmac/thegmat.
- GRE information is available at: www.ets.org. You may download free GRE test preparation materials at the following website: www.ets.org/gre/stupubs.
- In addition, students from non-English speaking countries must give evidence of proficiency in English. Students who have earned a degree from an English speaking university, where the primary mode of instruction is English, within the past 10 years, are not required to prove their English language skills with a test score. Students whose degree has been earned from a primarily non-English speaking university are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL - www.toefl.org) and earn a passing score of 79 on the internet-based exam or the International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS - www.ielts.org) with a minimum score of 6.0 overall.
Students also have the option of sitting for the ITEP exam which must be administered by The Language Company. The test will only be administered once students have reached Level 9 of an ESL program.
- Applicants are required to submit a current resume or curriculum vita.
- 500-word Statement of Purpose.
- Declaration of finances (on-campus international students only).
You can upload the information in the application system under "Other Supporting Documents.” If you are unable to upload the information, please send it to:
Minot State University
500 University Avenue West
Minot, ND 58707
Students who have not completed previous courses in accounting, finance, quantitative methods for business, and statistics, will be required to complete and submit Essential Prep Program certification of such for the Essential Prep Program Business Ready modules in Accounting and Finance prior to registering for FIN 545 and the Statistics and Quantitative Skills modules prior to registering for BADM 550. It is highly recommended that students who have had these courses but are not current in their knowledge in these topics also complete these modules as appropriate, although Essential Prep Program certification is not required. These modules can be purchased as a package at a greatly reduced rate. Purchase information can be found at http://www.essential-prep.com.