All first-year students will be assigned a Professional Staff Advisor and a Faculty Advisor. Professional Staff Advisors are located in the Student Success Center (2nd floor Student Center, across from Beaver Dam), POWER Center (2nd floor Student Center), Honors Program (Model Hall, Rm 208), and College of Business (Old Main, Rm 307). Professional Staff Advisors will review the results of the College Student Inventory, discuss resources available to students, review midterm deficiencies with students, and assist with schedule planning. Contact information for MSU's Professional Staff Advisors is listed below:
- Lynda Bertsch, Student Success Center, 701-858-3996
- Jancy Brisson, POWER Center, 701-858-4042
- Tiffany Fylling, POWER Center, 701-858-4044
- Heather Martin, Student Success Center, 701-858-3265
- Holly Major, POWER Center, 701-858-4402
- Lynne Rumney, Honors Program, 701-858-3574
- Eileen Solberg, College of Business, 701-858-3689
- Tammy Wolf, Student Success Center, 701-858-3360
Faculty Advisors are assigned based on the student's intended major and will assist students with specific questions about the planned major(s)/minor(s), along with information about internship/career opportunities.
Advising is mandatory for all first-year students.