After Acceptance


Welcome to Minot State! Explore and take charge of your future by making your move to campus as smooth as possible. Below you’ll find a wealth of information from how to claim your University email account, to applying from housing, to tips for academic success.

New Student Roadmap
PDF - 1.5mb

CAMPUS CONNECTION is what you will use to:
  • Enroll, drop or add courses
  • View your grades
  • View your class schedule
  • Order official/unofficial transcripts
  • Check and accept your financial aid award package(s)
  • Check your student financial account, apply for housing, and make payments


  1. Before you can use your new User ID, you must claim your account. Here are the steps to follow:
  2. Go to
  3. Click ‘Claim Your Account’.
  4. Enter your date of birth and your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID), which was included in your acceptance letter.
  5. Follow the steps as indicated!

Be sure to record your username and password in a safe place for future reference!

If you attended another NDUS institution, you may have already claimed your Campus Connection Account. Use your same username and password to log in.

For questions about your Campus Connection account, please contact the North Dakota University System Help Desk or call 866-457-6387.

To access your Minot State EMAIL Account

Your Minot State email is your official means of communication with the campus community. You should check it often!

  1. Go to
  2. Click Office 365 Webmail.
  3. Enter your Name (User ID) as your email address in the format created when you claimed your Campus Connection Account. Example: (must be entered in all lower case; sometimes a middle initial is included in the User ID)
  4. Your Password for your Minot State email is the same as Campus Connection. If you forget your password, you will need to reset your Campus Connection password.

If you are currently attending another NDUS institution, you may already be using your account. You will begin receiving emails soon after being accepted. However, your ‘campus home’ email will become after you enroll in classes at Minot State.

If you need further assistance or have questions, please contact the Minot State Online Help Desk at 701-858-4444 or 800-777-0750 ext. 4444 or e-mail us your questions at

Attending a New Student Orientation will help you be better prepared for your first semester. At orientation, you will also be able to connect with an academic advisor, become familiar with your campus, learn about campus resources, and have opportunities to meet new and current Minot State students. At Minot State University, orientation programming is split into a New Student Orientation program, for first-year students and transfer students and their families, and a Welcome Week program for all new students. Admitted students will be emailed information as soon as it is available.

Welcome Weekend is the official kick-off to the Minot State academic year. Events during the weekend will serve as an opportunity for you to explore the vast array of resources available at Minot State, including academic, cultural, social, athletic and community service programs.

Developmental courses are prerequisites for higher level English and Math courses, they do not count as credit toward graduation, and they do not impact college GPA. A “C” or higher is required to advance to the next level. The developmental courses qualify for Financial Aid.

What Scores Require Developmental Courses?

English - An ACT English score of 17 or lower or SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing of 480 or lower (470 or lower prior to September 2018).
     Developmental courses are not required if age 25 or older at the start of the term or if transferring 24 or more credits.

Math - An ACT Math score of 20 or lower or SAT Math score of 540 or lower (taken after March 2016).

What should I do next?
If you feel your current ACT or SAT score(s) is not an accurate measure of your ability, you will want to consider taking the ACCUPLACER (Math/English Placement) exam. If you do not have an ACT/SAT score, you are required to take this exam. You will have the opportunity to take the placement exam when you come to New Student Orientation; however, if you would like to take the exam in advance, you may schedule an appointment by contacting the Minot State Testing Center at 701-858-3830.

For more information, click here.

The North Dakota University System policy requires:

  1. All students to be vaccinated with two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella.
  2. All newly admitted students ages 21 and younger must provide documentation of a meningitis vaccination (MCV4, Menveo, or Menactra) given after the 16th birthday. Meningococcal B and Meningococcal C vaccine such as Trumenba and Bexsero do not fulfill the requirement.
  3. All Students are also required to complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire Form.
  4. All Students under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian complete the Parent Consent for Minor form to receive services at Minot State Student Health.

To submit immunization, tuberculosis documentation and other health records:

  1. GO TO MINOT STATE STUDENT PORTAL-  If you have claimed your Minot State account, you may access the Minot State Student Health Portal, use your Campus Connection user name and password to log in.
    • Go to Upload > Choose Document You Are Uploading > Immunization Record > Select File > Upload
    • Go to Electronic and Downloadable Forms > Student Health Clinic > Health-Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire > Complete and submit
  1. PRINT AND UPLOAD PARENT CONSENT FOR MINOR. If you are under the age of 18 years, your parent or guardian must complete a Parent Consent for Minor form to receive services at Minot State Student Health.
    • Go to Electronic and Downloadable Forms > Forms > Parent Consent for Minor > Print > Complete the form > Go to Upload > Choose Document You Are Uploading > Parent Consent for Minot > Upload


By living on campus, your classes, dining, and recreation are literally right outside your door. Minot State has many housing options that are affordable, safe, comfortable and fun for all students. Plus we offer excellent dining options for resident and commuter students.

All incoming first year students should review our First Year Student Housing Policy. You will be invited to complete the hhousing application after being admitted and once the application is available.

2021-2022 Room Rates

Residence Hall Rates
Residence Hall (Double Occupancy) Fall Rate* Spring Rate* Year Total*
Cook Hall (Co-Ed) $1,350 $1,350 $2,700
McCulloch Hall (Co-Ed) $1,350 $1,350 $2,700
Crane Hall (Co-Ed) $1,641 $1,641 $3,282
Lura Manor (Co-Ed & Gender Inclusive) $1,641 $1,641 $3,282
Residence Hall Rates
Residence Hall (Single Occupancy) Fall Rate* Spring Rate* Year Total*
Cook & McCulloch $1,850 $1,850 $3,700
Crane & Lura $2,141 $2,141 $4,282

*Single rooms will be offered to students as space becomes available, typically, after the start of the semester. Students may request a single room in the housing office when the normal room change process begins.

Each Fall and Spring an additional $25 Residence Hall Activity (RHA) Fee will be charged on your student account. This fee is used for entertainment and hall amenities. 

More Information and options at the Residence Life website.

To apply for housing:

  1. Log in to your Campus Connection Account.
  2. Select Self Service.
  3. Click on On Campus Housing
  4. Select Minot State University as your campus.
  5. Click the applications tab.
  6. Select the correct application and complete.
  7. Be sure to download and read the " General Conditions of Contract" - if agreed, an electronic signature is required.
  8. Submit your $100 fee room reservation with a debit/credit card or e-check.

Before you move to campus, please check your My Housing self-service account via your Campus Connection for your residence hall, room assignment, and roommate information. You can also call the Residence Life Office at 701-858-3363 or email

Many students rely on all forms of financial aid to help pay for school including scholarships, awards, and loans. Our Financial Aid Office is happy to help counsel you on your most efficient way to pay for your education

Why should I file my FAFSA early?
To be considered for Federal Work Study, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants, Federal Perkins Loans, and the North Dakota State Grant, your FAFSA must be processed by April 15. Submit your application online by March 1 to ensure it will be processed by that deadline.

What if I don't file early?
If your FAFSA is processed after April 15, you will still be considered for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Family Education Loan Programs, Federal ACG Grant, Federal Smart Grant, and Federal Teach Grant.

10 Steps to Financial Aid

  1. Complete your federal tax return early and keep a copy.
  2. File your FAFSA early, as soon after January 1 as possible at
  3. List Minot State University on your FAFSA. Our Title IV code is 002994.
  4. You will receive the results of the FAFSA via a Student Aid Report (SAR) within 2-4 weeks.
  5. Review your SAR for accuracy. If corrections are needed, contact the Financial Aid Office.
  6. Watch for your official award letter. Freshmen students will receive their initial award letter by postal mail. Returning and transfer students will receive their award letter notification by email. Accept or Decline the aid offered on  CampusConnection.
  7. Continue to watch for other mailings. Sign and return other forms as requested.
  8. If you receive additional funds, such as scholarships not listed on your award letter, notify the Financial Aid Office immediately.
  9. Submit all required admission documents including high school transcript or GED certificate, college transcripts, ACT or SAT results, and immunization records to the Enrollment Services Office. All admission documents must be on file before federal financial aid can be disbursed.
  10. Visit the Financial Aid Office website for more detailed information.

Where can I find more information?
Minot State University has detailed information about the types of loans available, grants, scholarships, loan counseling, student employment and much more at the Financial Aid Office website.

Getting to campus is easy whether you arrive by car, plane, or train. You can find travel and arrival information here. Free airport and train station shuttles are available for Minot State students beginning the week before classes start for each term. You can sign-up for this complimentary shuttle service at

Check your new student roadmap to find out when Move-In Day is for your term. If you need to arrive and move in before the residence halls open on Move-In Day, you will need to complete the Early Arrival Form via self-service in your Campus Connection account at least five days prior to arrival. You may be responsible for an early arrival fee of $15 per night.

New School, New Policies

Student Activities, commonly referred to as M Life, exists to provide a fun and engaging social atmosphere at Minot State University. Events hosted range from dances, movies, and musicians, to comedians, hypnotists, and movies.

Visit us on Facebook or check out our calendar of events for more information regarding upcoming events! 

Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest

Welcome to Minot State University - we look forward to seeing you at Minot State events!