CREA Information

Workshop Verification Hour Forms

The Central Regional Educational Association (CREA) offers the Cafeteria Plan to accumulate the necessary hours for up to two graduate credits offered from Minot State University (MiSU) during the fall, spring, or summer semesters. (Up to two credits per year.) A total of 15 hours of direct instruction must be completed for each professional development graduate credit.

Step by Step to Educational Cooperative Professional Development Credits

  • Get Verification forms from school administrator or at the folowing link: Workshop Verification Hours form.
  • Collect 15 hours of instruction and fill out verification sheets. All verification forms must be signed by Superintendent or designated administrator. Your 15 hours must be completed in a 2 year time span.
  • Register for credit. Select the course with your cooperative name in the title
    • "ED 2000 ST: Professional Development (CREA)"
    • "ED 2000 ST: Professional Development (CREA)"
    • or send paper registration form to Amy Woodbeck. Registration is year round.
  • Pay for the course at the time of registration. ($65 per credit)
  • Send Verification Forms to:
    Minot State University
    Attn: Amy Woodbeck
    500 University Avenue W.
    Minot, ND 58707

FAQ for Cafeteria Plan

Who approves the activities?
Your school Superintendent or designated administrator.

Who has the proper forms?
The forms are available from your school Superintendent or on the top of this page. This page is located on the MiSU Extended Learning website. 

How do I register and pay for credit?
  • Online registration and payment for the credits is available at the following link: Registration and Course Availability. Select the course with your Educational Cooperative name in the title 
    • ED 2000 ST: Professional Development (CREA) course
    • ED 2000 ST: Professional Development (CREA) course
  • Registration forms available from your superintendent, along with payment for the course can also be mailed to:
    Minot State University
    Attn: Amy Woodbeck
    500 University Avenue W.
    Minot, ND 58707

Where do I send the verification form?
Verification forms are mailed to: Amy Woodbeck, 500 University Avenue W, Minot, ND 58707. Teachers should be registered for professional development graduate credit prior to sending in the verification forms.

What Professional Development activities count toward this credit?
Any Professional Development that includes a training component. Training is defined as learning something new related to children, education, and instructional methods. The Professional Development should change the way you present information that will directly affect the way students learn. Please look over the new verification form's qualifications. These PD hours must be held outside of your regular school day hours. Only CREA PD activities count towards the cafeteria plan.

What PD activities/meetings don't count towards Cafeteria hours?
Filling out paperwork for the school's office, discussion of school's policies and procedures, and working on class/school schedules DOES NOT count toward these professional development hours. If it deals with planning an event or getting out information to staff, it is a staff meeting and doesn't qualify. Only CREA PD activities count towards the cafeteria plan.

How long do I have to complete the graduate credit?
Register for MiSU credit when you have completed the 15 hours and prior to sending in your verification forms. Registration is semester based.

Registration Deadlines*

  • Fall - December 1st
  • Spring - April 27
  • Summer - July 13th

* The credits will be on your transcript approx. 3 weeks after the registration deadline.

What does it cost?
The recording and special fees for each credit is $65. This is to be paid to MiSU at the time of registration.

When will grades be available on official MiSU transcript?
Grades will be recorded at the end of each semester. The instructor of record must have the Verification Hours Sheets prior to the grade being recorded. If a student needs a confirmation of course completion prior to the recording date, email or call 701-858-3989 for a letter verifying course completion. To order official transcripts go to the MiSU Registrar’s office website or visit the official transcripts page. Unofficial transcripts can be printed through Campus Connection at any time.