Minot State University offers a variety of undergraduate scholarships funded from gifts to the University. Amounts vary depending on student eligibility and the availability of funds. Scholarships are based on academic achievements, financial need and other criteria as defined by the donors. For a list of scholarships, view the undergraduate catalog.
How to apply: Apply by completing the MSU Scholarship and Award Program Application. Applications are available in mid-December; priority deadline for submission is February 16th for the upcoming academic year.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE FEBRUARY 16, 2016 PRIORITY DEADLINE MAY BE CONSIDERED IF REMAINING FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
Returning Students 2016-2017 MSU Scholarship and Awards Program Application
(Undergraduate and Graduate)
Undergraduate Scholarship Terms and Conditions include:
- Scholarships are divided between fall and spring semesters with funds credited directly to the student’s account.
- Scholarship recipients must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits for the semester(s) the scholarship is awarded.
- If a student withdraws from the University and has a refund, the refund will be applied back to the scholarship fund.
- The maximum amount a student can receive from institutional funds cannot exceed the tuition, fees and books, and room and board (if living on campus). Institutional funds include any award programs and endowed scholarships.
- A letter of thanks to your scholarship donor must be sent to the MSU Development Foundation, 500 University Ave West, Minot ND 58707.
Undergraduate Award Programs:
Minot State University offers a number of undergraduate awards which are tuition discount programs. (View award program terms and conditions). These programs include:
- Great Plains Exceptional Scholar Full Tuition Award
- Great Plains Distinctive and Engaged Transfer Student Award
- Great Plains Distinctive and Engaged Scholar Award
- Great Plains Service for Common Good Scholar Award
- Cultural Diversity Award
How to apply: Apply by completing the MSU Scholarship and Award Program Application. Applications are available in mid-December; deadline for submission is February 16th for the upcoming academic year.
All recipients of scholarships and awards are encouraged to “Be Seen Be Heard” by actively participating in one or more of our 60 student clubs and organizations (http://www.minotstateu.edu/sga/clubs-and-organizations.shtml).
Additional scholarship information:
MSU Alumni Association
MSU College of Business
MSU Art Department
MSU Social Work
MSU Freshmen Theater Scholarship
MSU Helen Hoar Scholarship
MSU Humanities Scholarship
MSU Nell E. Boozenny Sander Scholarship Application
MSU Nursing Department Scholarships
MSU NDCPD Access Scholarship
ND Academic and Career and Technical Education Scholarship
ND Dollars for Scholars
ND Indian Scholarship
MSU Boyd Smith Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
MSU Foreign Language Scholarship
MSU Music Scholarships
MSU Undergraduate Catalog listing of scholarships
MSU Graduate School Tuition Awards, Assistantships, and Scholarship
Internet Scholarship Searches and external scholarship links
Scholarships for Military Families