Skip to content
Be seen. Be heard.

Office of International Programs

J-1 Exchange Students

A J-1 University Student is defined as an individual who is:

  • Studying in the U.S.; pursuing a full course of study leading to or culminating in the awarding of a U.S. degree from a post-secondary accredited educational institution; or
  • Engaged in a prescribed course of study of up to 24 months duration in a program conducted by a post-secondary accredited educational institution where the student is to be enrolled upon completion of a non-degree program.

Minot State has developed cooperative partnerships with institutions around the world, enabling students and faculty the opportunity to participate in academic and scholarly exchanges, collaborate on research, joint teaching and the development of joint-education programs. International students who attend MSU through one of these partnerships will enter the U.S. as a J-1 College/University Student.

Students interested in attending Minot State University as an exchange student should contact the International Office at their home institution to inquire about eligibility and the application process.

» Visas and Entry into the U.S.
» Maintaining Status
» Insurance Requirement
» 212 (e): Two-Year Home Country Physical Presence Requirement
» Dependents

Page last updated July 30, 2015.