Skip to content
Veterans Services

Changes in Enrollment

If a student makes a change to their enrollment, i.e. dropping a class or withdrawing from school, they must promptly notify the VA certifying official. Changes in enrollment may result in VA overpayments, which the student will be liable for.

If a student makes a change due to mitigating circumstances, he/she must report these circumstances to VA, along with supporting documentation.

VA may reduce your payments retroactively to the beginning of the term if you do not provide a statement indicating why you have reduced your enrollment or if they do not accept your reasons for reducing your enrollment as mitigating circumstances.