Vice President for Advancement
Marv Semrau joined Minot State University as the vice president for advancement in March 2007. Semrau, a Minot native, graduated from Minot High School, before attending MSU for a year and graduating from North Dakota State University, Fargo, in 1974 with a bachelorís degree in business administration.
After graduation, Semrau was employed by Young America menís clothing stores for 19 years, before becoming sales manager at Loweís Printing in Minot for 19 years.
As vice president for advancement, Semrau is the executive director of the MSU Development Foundation and is responsible for alumni services, annual giving, donor relations, the Board of Regents, marketing, major gifts, social networking and is the lead fundraiser for the university.
Semrau is very involved in area civic groups, including the following activities in recent years:
- chairman of the Minot Planning Commission,
- chairman of the Minot Area Development Corporation board of directors,
- chairman of the Minot Yís Menís Rodeo,
- co-chairman of the first Minot Family YMCA Capital Campaign,
- chairman of People for Progress,
- president of the Minot Kiwanis Club and
- the Minot Yís Men's Club,
- board member of the Minot Area Chamber of Commerce,
- board member of the Western North Dakota Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament,
- board member of the Western Plains Opera Company,
- treasurer of the Minot Soccer Association,
- member of the All-America City Committee, and
- Trustee of the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame.
Semrau is married to his high school sweetheart, Barb (Christensen), who works at Minot High School Central Campus. They are the parents of two children, Chris and Amy, and proud grandparents of a beautiful granddaughter, Nora.