Now that you have decided to pursue a degree online, you will want to follow the steps below to get started:
You should speak to our Online Degree Advisor, Trisha. She can be reached by e-mail or by phone at 800-777-0750 Ext. 4422 or 701-858-4422. If you have transfer credits, she can complete a transcript evaluation for you. You can send copies of your transcripts by e-mail or faxed to
Currently, there is no mandatory application deadline; however, it is suggested that all students planning to enter the University in fall apply by April 1 of the preceding spring. Students planning to enter during subsequent terms should apply at least one month in advance.
To apply for admission, students must submit:
- a completed admission application
- a $35 non-refundable application fee
- proof of two immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (Students enrolling in only distance education classes, can request an exemption.)
- ACT scores (for all U.S. and Canadian new students and transfer students who are less than 25 years of age on the first day of class and who have less than 24 semester transfer credits)
- official transcripts (all final high school, GED, or college/university transcripts)
- College Preparatory Course Report Form (for freshman and transfer students with a high school graduation date of 1993 or later and fewer than 24 semester transfer credits/36 quarter transfer credits)
Before you can register, you will also be required to complete the new student orientation, OnlineCONNECT and speak with an academic advisor. This all can be completed online from a distance. For more information, please visit the Future Students web site.
Registration for the fall semester usually begins in the preceding March; spring registration usually begins in the preceding October; and summer registration usually begins in the preceding March.