Instructions on How to Backup Assignments
Below are instructions on how to create a file backup on a USB storage drive or on a CD. These instructions were created using Microsoft Word and Windows 7. The screens may look different with a different operating system, but the steps will essentially be the same.
Creating a backup on a USB Drive:
- Connect your USB Drive to your computer or laptop.
- Open a copy of your assignment in Microsoft Word.
- Click on File in the upper left corner and choose Save As.
- Find your USB Drive under your Computer on the left side. The letter assigned to it may be different on your personal computer.
- Give your assignment a Name and click on Save.
Creating a Backup on CD:
- Place a blank CD in your computer's CD-RW drive.
- An AutoPlay screen should automatically pop-up.
- Click on Burn files to disc.
- You have two options: to use the CD as a USB flash drive or to burn the files using a CD/DVD player. Choose one of these options.
- If you choose to use this disk Like a USB flash drive, click on this option and follow the same basic instructions as above.
- If you choose to burn the files using a CD/DVD player, click on this option.
- Find the files on your computer, that you want to burn on the CD. Select them, right click on them, and choose Copy.
- Go back to your CD drive, right click, and choose Paste.
- Choose Burn to disc below the address bar at the top of the page.
- Your files will now be written to your CD. Make sure to label your CD so you know what is on it.