Campus Shareholders Register for Blackboard Community and Content Information Sessions
What is Blackboard Community Engagement?
- Blackboard Community Engagement is coming too! See the video on what it can do.
- Social Learning toolsenable users to discover, connect, and communicate with their learning network through social, informal means that complement the more formal education experiences. The tools include a rich Profile, a People tool to discover others at your institution and across Blackboard’s global learning network, a Messages tool for quick communication, and Spaces for informal group collaboration.
- Organizationsprovide online collaboration space for campus groups, clubs, committees, faculty, students, and administration. These collaboration spaces will be familiar to users since they are modeled after the course environment used every day.
- Portal functionalityleverages flexible modules and tabs to provide a one-stop shop for all academic and campus information.
What is Blackboard Content Management?
- Blackboard Content Management is coming to Minot State University. Xplor is just one piece of the content managment. See the video for more information.
- Simple yet robustfile management systemfor personal, course, and institutional document management, sharing, and re-use – the Content Collection with Blackboard Drive
- Cloud-based,globallearning object repositoryfor authoring, copyright, sharing, and discovery of rich educational materials and open educational resources –Blackboard xpLor.
- Personal ePortfoliosfor showcasing achievements and experiences and sharing with others both within and outside the institution.
- eReservesfor librarians to make digital versions of copyright-cleared reserve readings available directly in the course.
Want to know more and learn how to manage your organization's personal space in Blackboard?
Session 1: June 24: 9AM to noon (Jones Room). Blackboard trainers will discuss how each constituency may use Blackboard Learn, and demonstrate the various options you have in setting up Blackboard Community Engagement and Content Management environments.
Session 2: June 25 9am to Noon (Jones Room). Discussion continues about how these tools can be used to support your area. Overall goals and a timeline for implementation will be discussed with attention paid to your particular area.
To register for the two half-day information sessions on June 24-25, 9am – Noon, in the Administration building, 3rd floor, Jones Room complete the registration information below.
For more information, contact Mark Timbrook, MSU Office of Instructional Technology at 701-858-3832 or Sherie Saltveit at 701-858-3280.
Phone: 701-858-3832 or 701-858-3280
Toll free: (800) 777-0750, extension 3832