Strategic Priorities • 2015 - 2018
- Meet or exceed ACEN Accreditation Standards.
- Monitor student success through analysis of student learning outcomes, role-specific graduate competencies, graduate and employer satisfaction data, program completion rates and NCLEX first-time pass rates.
- Expand the integration of interprofessional education and quality simulation throughout the nursing program.
- Continue guaranteed freshman admissions to nursing program to the ND high school students.
- Support strategies to enhance interest in the MSU nursing program and increase the applicant pool.
- Provide global opportunities for nursing students on a biennial basis.
- Incorporate University General Education Foundational and Developmental Content graduation requirements and First Year Experience courses for students.
- Investigate accreditation options.
- Prepare for and complete ND BON site visit Spring 2016
- Prepare follow-up report for ACEN Fall 2016
- Investigate options to enhance recruitment and retention of qualified nursing faculty.
- Investigate options to increase student admission numbers in the nursing major.
Department of Nursing Organizational Chart [pdf]