Nursing Student Association
Minot State University Chapter (NSA-MSU)
The NSA, what is it?
The NSA MSU Chapter is Minot State Universityís pre-professional organization open to any student declaring nursing as his/her major. NSA is the largest independent student professional organization in the United States. NSA provides the student with leadership skill development, educational opportunities, and community service opportunities.
- The MSU Chapter is a member of the State Nursing Student Association of North Dakota (NSAND).
The Mission of the NSA is to:
- Organize, represent and mentor students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses, as well as those enrolled in baccalaureate completion programs;
- Convey the standards and ethics of the nursing profession;
- Promote development of the skills that students will need as responsible and accountable members of the nursing profession;
- Advocate for high quality care;
- Advocate for and contribute to advances in nursing education.
- Develop nursing students who are prepared to lead the profession in the future.
Benefits of membership
Reduced rates on products and services:
Being an NSNA member saves you money. You will receive special reduced rates for nursing magazines, computer software, quality nursing apparel and accessories, textbooks, reduced registration rates for the NSNA Annual convention and the Mid-Year Conference. Members receive discounts on NSNA publications.
How to join:
NSNA dues are $35 per year. New members receive a $10 discount for their first year of membership. Students choosing the convenient two year membership option also save $10. Refer to web site for more information.
Two options are available:
- Join online at www.nsna.org
- Obtain a membership form from Dawn Fredrich:
Office: Memorial Hall 314