Guaranteed Admission Policy
The Nursing Program at Minot State University offers a GUARANTEED ADMISSION TO THE NURSING MAJOR each fall semester to students who meet the criteria for guaranteed admission listed below. Guaranteed admission is limited to 10 students. After reviewing applications, the Admissions and Progression Committee of the Department of Nursing will notify accepted students by May 1. Criteria for guaranteed admission to the nursing major:
- ACT score 27 or higher OR combined SAT of 1210 or higher.
- Graduation from a North Dakota High School.
- Declare Nursing as major the 1st semester at MSU
- Enroll in First Year Experience
- By April 1, send application for the "Guaranteed Admission to the Nursing Major" to:
- Transfer students not eligible for guaranteed admission.
Department of Nursing
Minot State University
500 University West
Minot, ND 58707
Admission to the nursing sequence in the fourth semester at Minot State University depends upon meeting the progression criteria below:
- MSU Cumulative GPA 3.0
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in the 12 required support courses for the nursing major.
- Must achieve a C or higher in the required support courses.
- No course repeats.
- 2 letters of recommendation (see form on web site) to be submitted when Admission to Major form is submitted.
- Complete the Admission to Nursing Major form when it is time to enter the nursing sequence, along with other admission documents.
Students who do not meet the above progression criteria are eligible for the Application and Admission Policy and Procedure for all students and should contact their advisor.