JCEMP & InC graduation celebrated July 27
In a unique graduation celebration on July 27, Minot State University honored 20 graduates from two programs in Ann Nicole Nelson Hall. Fourteen students from the Job Corps Executive Management Program and six students from the Intercultural Cohort Program earned a Master of Science degree.
The guest speakers this year, Cadd Rosborough and Martin Dahl, represent alumni of the first cohort in both groups. Rosborough, a fellow in the inaugural JCEMP cohort, came to the program as the business community liaison at the St. Louis Job Corps Center. She presently serves as center director at the Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center in Tucson, Ariz. Dahl enrolled in the first InC cohort in 2007, joining 15 students from China, two from East India and nine domestic students. He is the McLean Electric Cooperativeís chief executive officer and general manager.
Minot State and Job Corps collaborated to create the JCEMP, the nationís only program of its kind. The 2011 graduating class is the programís 10th group of junior to mid-level Job Corps managers from across the country who aspire to be center directors. They will possess masterís degrees in management or information systems. A U.S. Department of Labor earmark sponsored by former North Dakota Senator Byron Dorgan funds the JCEMP.
In the InCís on-campus Master of Science in management program, students complete a 12 or 24-month program of study, taking one or two eight-week courses at a time. Students are required to complete applied research projects in intercultural teams, which provides an opportunity to learn more about other cultures and business practices.
2011 JCEMP fellows in the Master of Science in management are:
- Christopher Allen; San Jose, Calif., San Jose Job Corps Center
- Sarah Bossie; Caribou, Maine, Loring Job Corps Center
- Amy Briggs; Roswell, N.M., Roswell Job Corps Center
- Laura Goldie; Grand Junction, Colo., Colorado/Wyoming OA/CTS
- Peter McCarthy; Newport, Ore., Angell Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center
- Thomas Piper; Lamar, Colo., Albuquerque Job Corps Center
- Kathryn Quin-Easter, Caribou, Maine, Loring Job Corps Center
- Amy Ralph, Minot, N.D., Quentin N. Burdick Job Corps Center
- Scott Scifres, Laona, Wis., Blackwell Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center
- Todd Skocki; York, Pa., Woodstock Job Corps Center
- Cassie Thompson; Ham Lake, Minn., Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center
- Ashley Willey; Ogden, Utah, Weber Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center
2011 JCEMP fellows in the Master of Science in information systems include:
- Michael Jones; Antigo, Wis., Blackwell Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center
- Agrein Otis; Detroit, Mich., Detroit Job Corps
Graduates of InC in the Master of Science in management are:
- Ashley Henry; Malta, Mont.
- Aymone Kouame; Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Doriane Kouame; Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Michael OíDwyer; Innisfail, Alberta
- Ogochukwu Udekwe; Minot, N.D.
- Jonelle Watson, Minot, N.D.