MSU students win honors at Humanities Award Luncheon
Minot State University humanities students were recognized at the Humanities Award Luncheon on April 16. Awards ranging from scholarships to new student groups were given out during the banquet.
"Humanities division students are among the finest here on campus," said Linda Olson, chair of the Division of Humanities and professor of art. "They have been involved in national conferences, have competed and have been recognized with state, regional and national awards, and above all, they are truly committed, excellent students."
The Division of Humanities recognized their outstanding senior awards. The award winners are listed by their hometowns:
- Kenmare - Amber Jensen, broadcasting (public relations).
- Mandan - Christopher Stroschein, theatre arts.
- Minot - Corey Serr, broadcasting (production); and Adam Simonson, art.
- Beale Air Force Base, Calif. - Rochelle Bottari, English.
- Cannes, France - Virginie Vournas, foreign language education (French).
They also recognized the distinguished student achievement award winners for the 2008-2009 Division of Humanities in the College of Arts and Sciences. The award winners are listed by their hometowns:
- Minot - Lee Johnson, broadcasting (production); Corey Serr, broadcasting (production); and Nathan Zochert, English.
- Glasgow, Mont. - Ben Daggett, art.
For more information, contact Olson at 858-3836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.