MSU Alumni Association accepting Golden Award nominations
The Minot State University Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for the MSU
Golden Award. The 2009 Golden Award banquet is scheduled for Sept. 24.
The highest award bestowed by the MSU Alumni Association, the Golden Award selections are based on outstanding service to the university or Alumni Association and distinguished leadership in the recipient’s career or community.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the award to the Office of Alumni at 500 University Ave. West, Minot, N.D. 58707. The nomination should include the following information:
- Nominee’s name, address and telephone number.
- Nominee’s present position or occupation.
- Other positions held by the nominee in their career field.
- Did the nominee attend Minot State? Is so, when?
- Other connections with Minot State and/or the Alumni Association.
- Qualifications and factors to be considered for the award.
- Nominator’s name and telephone number.
Nomination can be submitted to the alumni office through May 22. Nominations are reviewed by a nine-person committee of alumni board members, past-award recipients and alumniat- large.
The MSU Alumni Association began presenting its award in 1967, and the first recipient was Archie Peterson. Since its inception, about 108 individuals have been honored with the Golden Award.
For questions, contact the alumni office at 701-858-3234.