Professional Development Opportunities
1. North Dakota Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NDSLHA) and National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA) will be co-sponsoring continuing education opportunities March 21 & 22, 2013 at the Holiday Inn-Riverside in Minot, ND. You must register for each conference separately.
2. The Westman School Clinicians Association in southwestern Manitoba is sponsoring a conference April 3 and 4, 2013 with guest speakers Dr. Caroline Musselwhite and Gretchen Hanser for a two day workshop on Literacy instruction for Students with Disabilities. Brochure & Registration
3. 2013 MSUM/UND Spring Symposium on Communication Disorders, April 4-5, 2013 in Moorhead, MN. Topic is Implementing Social Thinking Strategies by Pamela Crooke, Ph.D., CCC-SLP. Brochure & Registration
4. Developing Language & Literacy - The Animated Literacy Workshop by Jim Stone M.Ed, teacher and author of the program will be offered April 18-19, 2013 in Saskatoon, SK and April 22-23, 2013 in Edmonton, AB. Brochure and Registration
5. National Stuttering Association 2013 Annual Conference - Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona. Dates: July 3-7, 2013.You can make the sun set on the negative feelings your stuttering gives you forever. Be part of a four-day celebration as the NSA celebrates three decades of this life-changing event and transform your life forever-you’ll never look at stuttering the same way again. For more details please go to http://www.westutter.org, or contact the NSA office directly at 1-800-WE-STUTTER.”
6. 2013 Bilingual Therapies Symposium in Costa Rica, July 18-21. A three day event which will provide invaluable networking opportunities with peers and clinical experts, discussions on hot topics in bilingual speech-language pathology, and new developments and advancements in bilingual speech-language assessment and intervention. Registration and Information