Officers & Chairs
Professional Development Opportunities
1. UND/MSUM Spring Symposium at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks on April 21-22, 2016. The featured speaker is Dr. Jan Wasowicz and the title of her presentations are “What Do Spelling Errors Tell Us About Language Knowledge” and “Building the Brain for Reading and Writing.”
Registration and Brochure Website Information
3. National Stuttering Association (NSA)/International Stuttering Association (ISA) World Congress Joint Conference, July 6-10, 2016 with our 2-day Clinical Symposium July 5-6, 2016.
“NSA 2016-Dazzling in Dixie!” Come join the National Stuttering Association as we team up with the International Stuttering Association for the biggest event of people who stutter, the speech pathologists who help them, and the friends & family who unconditionally love them! For four days, be part of this life-changing event that will forever change your outlook on stuttering. With powerful workshops designed to motivate you, energetic keynote speakers who will inspire you to dream big, a clinical symposium featuring some of the most renowned speech pathologists in the world, and fantastic social activities including a grand banquet, we invite you to see how peachy your future can be! Two communities are sharing one voice-and we want you to be heard! Our conference takes place July 6-10, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. For more information, please visit http://www.westutter.org/annual-conference or call (212) 944-4050.
4. 2016 National Conference on Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) will be held July 7 – 9, 2016 at Eaglewood Resort and Spa 1401 Nordic Rd 60143 Itasca, Illinois. The 2016 National Conference on CAS will consider each child with CAS and not just their speech skills, but also their overall language, educational and developmental needs. There will be sessions to fit the learning needs of each individual who wishes to attend. CASANA's annual conference features national experts who will discuss all aspects of this speech disorder, including assessment, treatment methods, education, AAC and more.
The Conference is appropriate for parents, family members, speech-language pathologists, general education and special education administrators and teachers, school psychologists, paraprofessionals, preschool administrators and teachers, higher education faculty, and professional development staff. ASHA Continuing Education Credits will be available to qualified professionals. Please visit www.apraxia-kids.org for more information and registration.
Web and registration Info: http://www.apraxia-kids.org/events/event/2016-national-conference-on-childhood-apraxia-of-speech/ or www.apraxia-kids.org
More Than Words ® Certification Workshop
in Minot, ND on August 5-7, 2016.
Working with families of children with autism is especially challenging, and there’s no quick fix or simple solution. At The Hanen Centre, we’ve committed 40 years to developing effective parent-implemented interventions that support the work of SLPs and help them make the biggest possible difference in the lives of young children and their families.
Our More Than Words workshop has just been updated to provide you with even more effective tools for zeroing in on the very specific needs of young children with autism and addressing those needs with evidence-based, family-centered techniques.
When you make the commitment to attend More Than Words, you take the first step towards fundamentally changing the way you provide intervention. What you learn will make a more tangible difference for families and young children than you ever could have imagined.
What you can expect from the More Than Words workshop:
* 3 full days of practical, experiential training that gives you the skills to apply what you’ve learned the very next day
* An assessment protocol and goal-setting framework that helps you identify exactly where to start with each new child
* Research-based responsive interaction strategies that address the specific challenges associated with ASD
* A framework for meeting the needs of adult learners so you can effectively teach and coach parents to extend intervention into every part of the child’s day
* Certification to lead the evidence-based More Than Words® – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
* A set of comprehensive resources to use both in your More Than Words® programs, as well as in your one-to-one sessions with children and their families
* 2.25 CEUs or 22.5 professional development hours
More Than Words is open to SLPs around the world, including those with no previous Hanen training.
Registration for this workshop will open soon! Sign up for notification so we can let you know about special pricing options as soon as registration opens.
To sign up, please visithttp://www.hanen.org/Professional-Development/More-Than-Words/2016-Aug-05-Minot-ND.aspx