MSU Print Management FAQ
Print Management Implementation Reminder
Fall semester 2010, Minot State University began testing a print management system in all computer labs and open access print locations across campus. Full implementation of the system is scheduled for spring semester 2011. This recommendation is part of the overall campus sustainability initiative and has been presented to and supported by the Student Government Association, and the Faculty and Staff Senates.
How Does It Work?
- User requests a print job
- Accounting Server automatically checks to see if account exists
- If account does not exist, one is automatically created. Student logs into the print management system with firstname.lastname (password: student ID without the W).
- Quota is automatically applied (300-page allocation or $3.00 value at $.01 per copy).
- System automatically reducers the quota by one for each printed page.
- Print jobs that exceed the 300-page limit will be rejected.
Anyone experiencing problems printing should all the Help Desk at 701-858-4444 or stop by Old Main 108. Several areas on campus will remain open for printing this semester only if you have exceeded your quota. If you are experiencing problems printing in the Library during evening or weekend hours please see someone at the Reference Desk and they will assist you with your print job.