Skip to content
Office of International Programs

Travel Information

Travel inside the U.S.:
If you are traveling within the U.S., you do not need to have your documents signed for travel but you are required to carry your passport and I-20 or DS-2019 with you at all times.

Travel outside the U.S.:
F-1 students and all dependents that plan to travel outside of the United States and return to Minot State University must bring their I-20 to the Office of International Programs so an International Student Coordinator can sign it for re- entry into the U.S. Remember that we have a 48 hour processing time. (J-1 students: Note that if your DS-2019 was not issued by Minot State University (i.e. ISEP), you need to contact your program sponsor for this signature)

F-1 and J-1 students and visiting scholars who leave the United States must have the following documents with them to ensure their re-entry:

F-2 or J-2 spouses and minor children who are not accompanied by student or visiting scholar must have: