English Language Proficiency
Academic success at Minot State University demands strong English language skills, and Minot State requires all students applicants to provide proof of sufficient English language proficiency before being accepted as a student.
To be considered for admission, undergraduate applicants must submit an official entrance exam score.
To be considered for admission, international graduate applicants must submit one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores, taken within 2 years:
- IBT minimum score of 79
- Paper-based minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Taken within 2 years
- Minimum score of 6.0 overall band
- Level 9 Completion Certificate, issued within the last 6 months, by The Language Company AND iTEP Level 5 from training and testing administered by the Language Company.
- In some instances, international students who have earned a degree from an English speaking university (where the primary mode of instruction is English) in the past 10 years may also be considered for English proficiency waiver. Students should provide a letter of proof from the institution.
- In lieu of previously defined satisfactory performance on the TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP, international students who have attended formal education for three or more years in the U.S. may, at the discretion of the program, be considered for admission into the Graduate School with the recommendation of the program director who has been able to assess the students’ English proficiency through voice conversation.
For information on the TOEFL testing dates, locations, and costs, contact:
Educational Testing Service
Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ 08541 USA.
Telephone: (609) 921-9000; FAX: (609) 734-5410
For information on the IELTS testing dates, locations, and costs, contact:
Page last updated Feb. 5, 2015