Open Positions - North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities Positions
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, service, and cooperation, and upon respect for people and place. Our Vision 2013 is a vision for the future of Minot State University to help people appreciate life and learning and contribute meaningfully to the lives of others.
Position: Research Associate
Date Posted: June 9, 2016
Position #0027155 @ 100% FTE (negotiable), exempt 12-month position
Deadline: Position open till filled.
Position Description: This position is grant-funded within the ND Center for Persons with Disabilities (NDCPD) at MSU and will be responsible for 1) achieving assigned grant and contract goals and objectives under the direction of NDCPD's Executive Leadership team and/or Project Directors; and 2) contributing to NDCPD's core functions and goals. The duties listed below are typical of some or all of the duties of the position. The specific duties will vary depending on the project and assignments made by NDCPD's Executive Leadership Team and/or Grant Project Lead.
- Become knowledgeable about NDCPD and carry out the assigned project goals and activities.
- Develop/disseminate material (instructional materials, articles, brochures, presentations, technical reports).
- Provide technical assistance and/or consultation to individuals, agencies and consumers.
- Provide training and present at meetings and conferences.
- Perform research and data analysis that impact individuals with disabilities.
- Negotiate memorandums of understanding and agreements following NDCPD and MSU guidelines.
- Participate in agency, statewide, and national planning/policy groups to address unmet needs and emerging issues.
- Coordinate, conduct, participate, and travel to meetings and conferences both in and out of state.
- Provide supervision of NDCPD staff.
- Develop other external funding resources to further disability research, services, training and technical assistance.
- Participate in internal NDCPD committees and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will be assigned to various grants including the ASTEP grant to serve as a Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator. ASTEP is a college MSU program for students with intellectual disabilities; for more information - www.ndcpd.org/astep.
Selection Criteria: Position requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred (other degree levels and/or experience will be considered). Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in a human service field (Disability, Special Education, Rehabilitation, Education, Psychology, Social Work, etc.) Two years' experience in a human services or educational related industry preferred. Successful candidates should: be self-directed and detail-oriented with the ability prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently; have the ability to contribute to a fast-paced, changing work environment and contribute to the success of the project and reputation of NDCPD; have the ability to interact and communicate professionally with people with disabilities, constituents and staff; be able operate standard office equipment and software; and have a valid driver's license or state-approved ID and successfully satisfy a criminal history background check.
Application Process: Submit MSU application, resume, and references to:
Susie Mack, NDCPD|
Minot State University
500 University Avenue West
Minot, ND 58707
2nd Floor, Memorial Hall 203
Minot State University is a state-supported institution of higher education with an enrollment of approximately 3800 students. The university is organized into three colleges-Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and Health Sciences and the Graduate School. Bachelor's degrees are offered in more than 40 fields, master's degrees in 12, and one specialist degree.
Minot State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and subscribes to the laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, or any other prescribed category. MSU applies Veteran's Preference Laws. Inquiries or complaints regarding equal employment, educational opportunities, or the affirmative action program should be directed to the Affirmative Action Office.