Open Positions - College of Arts & Sciences Positions
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, service, and cooperation, and upon respect for people and place. Our Vision 2013 is a vision for the future of Minot State University to help people appreciate life and learning and contribute meaningfully to the lives of others.
Position #: Assistant Professor, Communication Arts, Tenure Track
Institution: Minot State University
Location: Minot, North Dakota
Qualifications: Terminal degree in Public Relations or a related Broadcasting/Mass Media field is preferred. Successful University teaching experience; professional experience in Public Relations or Advertising.
Starting Date: August 2015
Position Description: The primary responsibility of the position encompasses instructing, advising, and working with students in both in-class and outside classroom settings for the Minot State University Broadcasting program in the Communication Arts Department. The focus of the position is in the areas of public relations, advertising and other courses related to the broadcasting program. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Oversee campus radio station KMSU.
- Teach courses including Communication Law, Public Relations Principles, Public Relations Campaigns and Strategies, Community Relations, Special Events Planning, Broadcast Advertising Applications, Media Sales and Analysis, Introduction to Broadcasting, Mass Media and Society, and other courses in the broadcasting major fitting applicant’s strengths.
- Advising about half of the 50 plus majors in the department.
- Help to advise ‘Media Ink’ campus club and PRSSA.
- Assist with departmental functions such as senior recital advising and evaluation, annual program assessment activities, and scheduled program reviews.
- Assist to create classes and develop curriculum with vision to keep department on cutting edge.
- Assist with departmental/campus station extracurricular activities throughout the school year. KMSU Auction, KMSU tailgating, and other fundraising events.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining quality majors.
- Develop and maintain promotional efforts for the department (press releases, events, etc.)
- Serve as mentor and model professional environment.
- Network and assist with internship program.
- Assist students and department in placement opportunities.
- Assist in managing the marketing and underwriting for department and KMSU.
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, service, cooperation, and a respect for people and place. We believe that the university experience should provide students with connection between academic subjects and the reality of life on the Great Plains, between theory and practice and between local experiences and global realities. This philosophy is grounded in an expectation that all students can learn, grow, and succeed if given the support, guidance and an engaging learning environment. Minot State University seeks individuals that will help us create a community that is pervasively focused on: student growth, learning and success; the development of students with integrity, character, and intelligence; institutional commitment to civic engagement, stewardship of its local and global place; and meaningful service for the welfare of others. Candidates interested in supporting this vision are encouraged to apply for this position or contact us for more information.
To apply, please send a letter of application, a current vita, transcript, evidence of successful teaching including student evaluations, a statement of teaching interests and philosophy, and three letters of recommendation to: Linda Olson Chair, Division of Humanities, Minot State University, 500 University Ave W, Minot, ND 58707 firstname.lastname@example.org Online application form: www.minotstateu.edu/hr
Preliminary questions may be directed to Kevin R. Neuharth, Coordinator of Communication Arts at 701-858-3878 or Kevin.email@example.com. Screening of applications will begin May 1, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Minot State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.
Position # 00024131: Visual Art Special Contract Faculty
Institution: Minot State University
Location: North Dakota
Minot State University is built upon a core commitment to students, learning, and service. To join Minot State University in support of our commitment, please consider applying for the position described below.
The Art Department at Minot State University invites applications for a faculty member to teach multiple courses in the art program beginning August 15, 2015. The available position is a 9-month contract that focuses on teaching and management of studio-classrooms. Courses may be assigned in the following areas of specialization:
- Three-dimensional art
Masters required, MFA in studio arts preferred. Applications from artists who are well-versed in theory and practice are encouraged. Previous teaching experience and an exhibition record are recommended. College level teaching experience is desirable, as is evidence of significant scholarly activities in the field. Advising, curriculum development and other related administrative experience highly desirable. Candidates must possess the desire to work in a collaborative environment and to help grow a studio arts program. For more information about the Art program and its faculty, visit www.msuart.org.
To Apply: Send letter of application outlining your area(s) of specialization and qualifications, professional resume/cv including three references with phone numbers, 20 images of recent work (URL to website or JPGs accepted); 10 images of student work, college transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire), SASE, and a statement of teaching philosophy to Linda Olson, Chair; Humanities Division; Minot State University; 500 University Avenue West; Minot, North Dakota 58707. Linda Olson may also be contacted by email at Linda.Olson@MinotStateU.edu or by telephone at 701-858-3836. Review of applications begins April 5, 2015 and will continue until the position has been filled. Minot State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.