Below is a list of both unencrypted and encryption wireless connections across campus. If you need assistance, please stop by with your laptop at IT Central, 108 Old Main. The preferred network connection is "eduroam" listed under the encrypted connections below.
- Wireless@MSU - Used for MSU staff, faculty and students. This wireless network is located in classrooms and public areas. Users login with their MSU campus credentials.
- Dorms@MSU - Used for MSU students. This wireless network is located in on campus dormitory's. Users login with their MSU campus credentials.
- NDUS-Statewide - Used for all North Dakota University System staff, faculty and students. This wireless network is located across the entire campus. Users login with their campus connection credentials.
- Guest@MSU - Used for temporary access for campus visitors. This wireless network is located across the entire campus. Guests will need a pass to connect to this network. Please visit your sponsoring department to request access.
- GameConsoles - Used for XBOX, Playstation, Chromecast, Roku, Wii , Blu-Ray Players, etc.. This wireless network is located in the campus dormitory's. Please visit http://www.minotstateu.edu/wireless/gameconsoles/ to register your device.
Encrypted connections (Preferred as it is more secure)
- eduroam - EDUROAM (education roaming) is a secured wireless network service that allows students, staff, and faculty to use their home institution's wireless credentials to access wireless network services, when visiting other EDUROAM participating institutions, without having to set up a guest account. To get connected login with your campus credentials. If you have problems you may bring your device to Old Main 108 for setup. To see a map of participating institutions visit the Eduroam-US website. (For Android devices be sure to set "EAP method" to PEAP the "Phase 2 authentication" to MSCHAPV2)