Federal Financial Aid Recipients Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to know:
- The financial aid programs available at MSU and the correct procedures on applying for financial aid.
- The criteria for determining financial aid eligibility and calculating financial need.
- The criteria for maintaining financial aid eligibility.
- The terms and conditions of awards made by the Financial Aid Office.
- The Cost of Attendance, Refund/Repayment Policy, and Withdrawal Procedure.
- The conditions of any loan you accept.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Complete all forms accurately and by the published deadline.
- Submit information requested by the Financial Aid Office in a timely manner.
- Report to the Financial Aid Office any sources of external or 3rd party assistance (scholarships, Vocational Rehabilitation, etc.)
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of a change in enrollment.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Comply with promissory notes and all other agreements that you sign.
- Repay all loans according to your repayment schedule.
- Not be in default on any prior education loan or owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG Grant.