Transfer Students Planning Checklist
1. Submit the following to the Enrollment Services Office:
- Completed application for admission.
- $35 non-refundable application fee.
- In-progress transcript, if currently attending another college/university.
- Final official transcripts from all other post-secondary schools previously attended. Transcripts must be mailed directly from your school(s) to the Enrollment Services Office.
- Official ACT or SAT scores if transferring fewer than 24 semester credits (36 quarter credits) AND if you will be less than 25 years of age on the first day of class.
- Official high school transcripts, mailed to the Enrollment Services Office directly to your high school, if transferring fewer than 24 semester (36 quarter) credits.
- Proof of two doses of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR).
- Tuberculosis screening if required.
2. Apply for Financial Aid. (For fall applicants: apply by April 15.)
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
3. Apply for Scholarships and Awards.
- Submit the MSU Scholarship and Awards Program Application. The deadline for scholarship consideration is February 15.
- Search for scholarships on the internet:
» CollegeNET Mach 25 Scholarship Search
» College Board Scholarship Search
» Sallie Mae's Online Scholarship Search
4. Apply for On-Campus Housing.
- Submit the Housing Application available at www.minotstateu.edu/life,
or call 1-800-777-0750 ext. 3363 to request an application.
5. Register for classes.
- Upon completion of your application, you will be invited to CONNECT - Minot State University's orientation/registration days.
6. Enjoy life as a Minot State student!!!