1st Year Students Planning Checklist
1. Submit the following to the Enrollment Services Office:
Minot State University revised its first-year admission requirements for those students entering MSU in the fall of 2011. The new standards provide support for students in their transition from high school to the university. Minot State is dedicating new resources via the Student Success Center and the Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning to help students achieve their higher education goals. View the complete admission requirements.
- Completed application for admission.
- $35 non-refundable application fee.
- In-progress high school transcript, if currently attending school.
- Final official high school transcripts, once you have graduated from high school. Transcripts must be mailed directly from your school to the Enrollment Services Office. (GED Applicants: Instead of a high school transcript, please submit a copy of your GED certificate with an overall average score of at least 450 and no score lower than 410 on any subparts.)
NDUS high school core admission requirements
English (4 units*)
- Including the development of written and oral communication skills.
- Including at least one unit each in two or more of the following: biology, chemistry, physics, or physical science.
- Algebra 1 and above, excluding business, consumer, and general mathematics.
- Excluding consumer education, cooperative marketing, orientation to social science, & marriage/family.
Official results of the American College Testing (ACT) OR the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
See Admission Standards for required ACT or SAT test scores and GPA levels.
- Final official dual credit transcripts, if you have taken dual credit classes from another college or university.
- Proof of two doses of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR).
- Tuberculosis screening if required.
2. Apply for Financial Aid. (For fall applicants: apply by April 15.)
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
3. Apply for Scholarships and Awards.
- Submit the MSU Scholarship and Awards Program Application. The deadline for scholarship consideration is February 15.
- Search for scholarships on the internet:
» CollegeNET Mach 25 Scholarship Search
» College Board Scholarship Search
» Sallie Mae's Online Scholarship Search
4. Apply for On-Campus Housing OR complete a request for exemption.
- Submit the Housing Application available at www.minotstateu.edu/life,
or call 1-800-777-0750 ext. 3363 to request an application.
5. Register for classes.
- Upon completion of your application, you will be invited to CONNECT - Minot State University's orientation/registration days.
6. Enjoy life as a Minot State student!!!