Affordable tuition and financial aid? Priceless
Why should I file my FAFSA early?
To be considered for Federal Work Study, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants, Federal Perkins Loans, and the North Dakota State Grant, your FAFSA must be processed by April 15. Submit your application online by March 1 to ensure it will be processed by that deadline.
What if I don't file early?
If your FAFSA is processed after April 15 , you will still be considered for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Family Education Loan Programs, Federal ACG Grant, Federal Smart Grant, and Federal Teach Grant.
10 Steps to Financial Aid
- Complete your federal tax return early and keep a copy.
- File your FAFSA early, as soon after January 1 as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- List Minot State University on your FAFSA. Our Title IV code is 002994.
- You will receive the results of the FAFSA via a Student Aid Report (SAR) within 2-4 weeks.
- Review your SAR for accuracy. If corrections are needed, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Watch for your official award letter. Sign and return one copy of the award letter to the Financial Aid Office or accept/decline your aid on CampusConnection.
- Continue to watch for other mailings. Sign and return other forms as requested.
- If you receive additional funds, such as scholarships not listed on your award letter, notify the Financial Aid Office immediately.
- All admission documents including high school transcript, college transcripts, ACT scores and immunization records must be submitted to the Records Office before a student can receive federal financial aid.
- Visit the Financial Aid Office website for more detailed information.
Where can I find more information?
Minot State University has detailed information about the types of loans available, grants, scholarships, loan counseling, student employment and much more at the Financial Aid Office website.