Minot State University recognizes its responsibility for making reasonable accommodations and/or adjustments to ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of disability as established under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How to Apply
Students must initiate the request for accommodations/services by applying at DSS.
The following checklist will assist with requesting accommodations/services:
- Contact DSS as soon as you are admitted at MSU.
Some accommodations/services require advance time to arrange.
- Complete a DSS Application Form.
This can be obtained by mail, fax, in person, or print a copy(pdf document).
- Send DSS documentation of your disability.
Documentation must include the following:
- Statement of disability on the letterhead of a qualified professional.
- State of how the disability functionally limits you in the academic environment.
- Recommendations for specific accommodations and rationale for those recommendations.